Have you met anyone famous? if so who ??

B2TM2013

Hey guys the work I do on the side I get to speak to some cool people, its nice to be able to connect with people from the films you love in some form or another. So my question to you guys is :

Have you met anyone famous? If so who was it? Where did you meet? etc etc

Went to school with Brandon Lee (The Crow) the one thing I remember is in a theatre history class during a performance art presentation, he shared that he always feared people won't remember who his father was.

hung out with DB Sweeney and Kitana Baker Of just a few I have there pictures somewhere on a computer.. I'm related in the genealogy pool to Hop along Cassidy The singing Cowboy.:cool

Die Hard 3 With a Vengeance was partially film here in my hometown in South Carolina and I met Sam Jackson and got his autograph. Really nice guy, very cordial and more than happy to meet fans and sign. at the time though I was the only one that spotted him walking around with one other person (an assistant perhaps?) in a shopping mall on a slow weekday morning. but I made a point of not taking up much of his time. He is just as tall and has as much presence in person as he does in his films! :D Little did I know that he would one day become an iconic Star Wars character so now I can say I have Mace Windu's signature :D The scenes shot here were the Bridge scenes where the truck is pulled off by the tow cables attached to the bomb laiden container ship, container ship shootout, some car chases and a big warehouse was used to build the bombing subway scenes.
Also met Bill Murray a couple of times and is a part time resident (his ex wife and kids live here) and is a co- owner of our baseball team The River Dogs (a minor league team which is a farm team of the New York Yankees) so he is spotted around town very often and is friendly but is also just as dry humored and crazy as he is in his films... what you see is what you get so when you watch something like GroundHog Day, that's not an act really.. that's just Bill being Bill! Very funny guy but if you ask for a picture or autograph he might say something to the effect of Why would anyone want that? or if he is in the mood he might just say, Sure! so its hit or miss with him! :D

I've seen many actors around town since a few movies and a TV series (Army Wives) is filmed here and its a big tourist destination but I don't go out of my way to say hi to them. I've walked past a number of them but could tell by vibes they just wanted to blend in and enjoy just being and go about their business. There are a few actors I would probably make my way to though if I saw them and felt they were approachable but very few.

I can be seen at least once a month on one station or another I met and was hired to appear as an extra in Police Academy 3 Back in training Jerry Paris the director of I believe most of the movies.

I worked with David Graf the guy who played Tackleberry , I was also on set the day they were running the driving course.

The shooting took place on the lakeshore in Toronto I believe it used to be a sanitarium (mental hospital) it was done up to look like the academy as you see it in the opening with bobcat flying into the bushes in front I stood in the doorway and in the gardens that are shown in these shots.
This exchange took several takes but was funny to watch every time including the practice shots with the real cross bow and balloons on the lawn "Sgt. Eugene Tackleberry: Excuse me sir, this is a non-smoking area.
Im gonna have to ask you to distinguish that cigar.
Man with Cigar: Drop dead! Ill put it out when Im finished.
Sgt. Eugene Tackleberry: Youll put it out now mister!
[Tackleberry fires a crossbow bolt into the cigar]
Other than that mostly Nhl Players Brad may Keith and Wayne Priemuea Scott Staios Manny Legacy.

Last edited:
Thats awesome !

- - - Updated - - -

say what now.. ? haha Jedifyfed ? haha

- - - Updated - - -

thats awesome man yeah everyone says SLJ is a great guy and Bill Murray is also really down to earth

Went to school with Chase Ellison and worked with him in our school's drama program
Met George Takei and Bob Blackman and I have also met Jeremy Bullouch

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back