Tips on how to make Wreck-it Ralph styled arms?

mxpxrobbie

Hey everybody! I'm making a Wreck-it Ralph costume for Dragon*Con... using the toy hands because they're decent enough and look the part. What I need to figure out now is how to make the arms big like Ralph's are in the movie. I'm padding out the overalls to get the general shape of Ralph down, and I have some big feet on order as well. I was thinking a muscle suit at first, but Ralph isn't really muscley - he's just BIG. So, any pointers or tips on how I can make this work?

I'm going to use the materials for other stuff. Sorry.
I just bought an und3r arm0ur type shirt, and electric carving knife and the foam that would be glued on and carved. My initial plan was to build the arms and shoulders/chest and then buy the shirts and overalls afterward. But I'll probably use it all to make a muscle suit for kicks and giggles.

Fair enough.. so I need to get an underarmor shirt, glue foam to it, then cover that with flesh-colored spandex or something like that... perhaps using latex? I just need to do the arms, so I guess I could just not cover the chest/back with any of that stuff. Thanks!

If you're going to match up with the store bought hands, I would just skip the latex. Unless you latex the hands along with the arms. The trickiest part might be finding fabric that matches the hands. In which case I would probably just cover the hands with whatever fabric you use for the rest of the arms to ensure a match more or less.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back