Iron Man Mark VI Foam Build

batmanbeyond96

Hey Guys,
Im trying to put together a Mark VI foam suit in time for The Wizard World Comic Con in Philadelphia. Now I started this project about a week before Christmas. But with school and other things the project was on again and off again. But I tried to finish it in time for Iron man 3 premiere but that wasn't gonna happen. so hopefully this will be finished in time for the con. And since you guys checked this thread out here are some pics. I'll be uploading pics hopefully every weekend since thats when I get to work on my armor.
These pictures are before I purchased the buckles so please excuse the space at the shoulders picture063.jpgpicture061.jpgpicture062.jpgpicture064.jpg Now these are when I installed the buckles to the torso & collar plates picture065.jpgpicture066.jpgpicture067.jpgpicture068.jpgpicture069.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Mark VI Foam Build For Wizard World Philadelphia (Hopefully)

Nice work, hope you can get it completed in time. We wll be at PCC, look for Gene Simmons, and Predator, I may also bring my Dredd for the afternoon.

I'll be at the con too! Though I don't think my Mark VII will be done in time. But I'll look for you when there.
Good Luck with the build!!!

Thanks dude. If I don't have this finished in time I'll just cosplay as tony stark with docholiday76's foam gloves with repulsors

I went as tony last year. Probably do the same thing this year

Your progress looks awesome so far. Is this the one you're converting into batman?

Thanks dude, Nah this one is just a normal mark 6. but after a do a few suits Im gonna start brain storming on the iron bat :)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Been cramming for school. I'll be back with updates pretty soon though :)

Ok so I'm back with some updates. I finished 1 set of the abs. Most likely gonna b=make a second one with bevels in the ab plates for the gold section and see which one works best. But for these abs I'm going to have to add an extra section on the top because you can see my shirt at a normal stance. I'll try to be back soon with more updates :)
picture115.jpgpicture116.jpgpicture117.jpgpicture118.jpgpicture119.jpgpicture120.jpgpicture121.jpgpicture122.jpg

Thanks guys! Unfortunatly my suit is locked up at my grandmothers job at the Police Department and do to some health issues she hasn't been to work in about a month and a half so the suit is stuck in Police Headquarters.. Go Figure XD But Im gonna try and see if they will let me in to collect it (they dont let civilians walk through the halls of the offices) and so I can bring the suit back home. Alas my house isnt a good working space like the conference room at the Police Department but it will have to do. And know for some good news, My Big Lots store stopped carrying the EVA foam I was using so I was without foam since september. and the little bit that I have left has SOOO many pits and imperfections on the smooth side of the foam. But thankfully as I was at my local Modells getting some items for a quick spiderman halloween costume I found that they have the rolls of EVA foam there and from what I saw there were no imperfections, So hopefully I should be back soon with some more progress pictures for you guys!! :D

Thanks guys! Unfortunatly my suit is locked up at my grandmothers job at the Police Department and do to some health issues she hasn't been to work in about a month and a half so the suit is stuck in Police Headquarters.. Go Figure XD But Im gonna try and see if they will let me in to collect it (they dont let civilians walk through the halls of the offices) and so I can bring the suit back home. Alas my house isnt a good working space like the conference room at the Police Department but it will have to do. And know for some good news, My Big Lots store stopped carrying the EVA foam I was using so I was without foam since september. and the little bit that I have left has SOOO many pits and imperfections on the smooth side of the foam. But thankfully as I was at my local Modells getting some items for a quick spiderman halloween costume I found that they have the rolls of EVA foam there and from what I saw there were no imperfections, So hopefully I should be back soon with some more progress pictures for you guys!! :D

Harbor Freight has good foam on the cheap, though it is 1/2 in thick. I have yet to try the BIg Lots foam, there's one right by my house too. Should get out there sometime.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back