Rebel Endor Wrist communicator

Darth Lars

Master Member
I just want to show off my version of the wrist communicators worn by Rebel Commandos on the forest moon of Endor in Star Wars - Return of the Jedi.

cmp_zps4f5487bc.jpg

I finished a bunch of these today, and will gift them tomorrow to guys in my local Rebel Legion base who will be trooping this weekend.
I had sculpt the greeblie in styrene and cast it in resin. The boxes were scratch-built from styrene. I had made a simple stamp out of wood to get the depression in the top of the box as I did not have access to any vacuuforming machine. The wrist band is ordinary elastic that was tea-dyed as I could not find anything more authentic.

Now when I can compare the finished article with the original, I see lots of details that could be improved, but I doubt that it would be worthwhile.
I am not happy about how soft the details got. If the top of the box had not been so soft, I would not have had to make the boxes so wide.
All the layers of primer on the master and the paint on the casts softened the details on the greeblie a great deal too. The walls should perhaps slope a little bit steeper, but not much.

I won't be selling these, so there is no point in asking ... but I might donate the mould to a worthy cause. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back