Samuel Rodriguez aka Jetstream Sam COMPLETED.

Re: - New RPF look, New Project! Samuel Rodriguez aka Jetstream Sam WIP

This is looking incredibly boss! Very well done, man! I'm kind of curious as well, how did you go about attaching the pieces to the rashguard? Some friends and I are wanting to make a similar cosplay and were lost on this.. Thanks!

Thanks, you need to find yourself some industrial contact cement with good flexibility to it.

I started working on the Murasama last night. Still needs cleaning and detailing but here's a quick shot.

20130703_090351.jpg

The type of switch in the blade ( the kind that you have to press down to work) has a specific name?.
Secondly , you are using a normal boken or does it has a custom size?

here's a couple of cell phone pics from Saturday's AX, here in LA. I should have high-res images soon (I hope).

20130706_162042.jpg

20130706_164649.jpg

Ahhhh, I have to thank you for this!! You're so detailed and it's super super super!!! Helpful, it's looking so good, I'm looking forward to seeing your pics float around the internet once SDCC starts!
I'm in the process of making Bladewolf myself, hopefully we'll see each other at AX next year!:thumbsup

For the few following this thread, I wanted to give an exciting update: Over the weekend, mizuno hadouken, my wife and myself were honored with the grand prize at this year's comikaze expo. We took the best group costume :)

Here's a pic of the very exciting moment:

IMG_37749179697090.jpeg

I thought it was a nice way to wrap up this thread. Thanks to those who followed!

hey can i ask where you got these stickers? im tryna do a jetstream sam myself atm

Quick question: How do you get the leather to stay in the shape of the abs?
Also, how was the mask done so that it could both cover your mouth and nose, but also be retractable?

i would really love to make this cosplay and got to an expo! I saw how much an online cosplay store was selling a cosplay for... Not entirely keen on the idea of spending $1,500 on it, so I figured that making one would be both a creative and rewarding challenge! Your cosplay looks amazing! It would be really helpful if you could give me advice on how to build this!

Last edited:
Quick question: How do you get the leather to stay in the shape of the abs?
Also, how was the mask done so that it could both cover your mouth and nose, but also be retractable?

i would really love to make this cosplay and got to an expo! I saw how much an online cosplay store was selling a cosplay for... Not entirely keen on the idea of spending $1,500 on it, so I figured that making one would be both a creative and rewarding challenge! Your cosplay looks amazing! It would be really helpful if you could give me advice on how to build this!

Thank you for your kind words :)

The vinyl fabric is glued on and there is foam underneath causing that raised effect. The effect is then aided with airbrushing. The face mask is not actuated, so it's all manual and the effect is achieved by adding and removing that mouthpiece. $1500 really? wow, I was thinking of letting this for half that on ebay. I need to make room for new projects.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back