*NEW PICS*My Finished Dark Knight Rises Bane Cosplay (Pic Heavy)

MysteryNigma

Been working on this a long time...

The mask is from Graphix Monster, The coat and pants are from Banepants, the vest is a heavily modified costumebase vest (that will be explained later), the Wrist guard is from TNXB Creations, an the boots are some old packer boots I purchased and took to have the leather straps added.

I'll start with the mask.
It's urethane rubber, very comfortable to wear, and the holes in the mouth grill make breathing and speaking very easy.
IMG_2490.jpg

With the coat I took two segments of a white wire hanger, and hot glued them in to the fabric to give it a sort of frame so it wouldn't fall over as easily. It works fairly well.
photo52.jpg

photo23.jpg

photo3.jpg

Then for the vest, I took a can of spray paint to alter the color to be more brown, and weathered the armor padding with acrylic paint.
photo13.jpg

Then I worked on replacing the white belts attached to the buckle, and added some nylon webbing behind them.
photo32.jpg

Then I redid the shoulder straps using some olive drab mini pistol belts.
photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

Boots...
photo42.jpg

Wrist guard...
photo12.jpg

Annnnnnnd....done.
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some good pictures from the convention I'm going to in a month.

EDIT:
Some updated pictures-
null-2.png

null-3.jpg

null-1.jpg

null.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My Finished Dark Knight Rises Bane Cosplay (Pic Heavy)

That is stunning. I really want a Bane mask myself too but the ones I have found have been pretty crappy quality. I don't expect exact figures but may I ask, was it expensive to get a custom made mask please? I expect 'yes' but you never know...

That is stunning. I really want a Bane mask myself too but the ones I have found have been pretty crappy quality. I don't expect exact figures but may I ask, was it expensive to get a custom made mask please? I expect 'yes' but you never know...

Wasnt much more expensive than the others I've seen, but he's made a lot of upgrades so I don't want to give a price in case he's changed it, but he's pretty easy to get in touch with on his Facebook page, just look up graphix monster.

nice job modding the cosplay vest, looks way better. You might wanna soak that wrist guard in warm water and wear it nice and tight during a few workouts to break it in quick to your arm shape.

This looks awesome man!!! The mask looks incredible, and you really did a great job modding the vest. Also the wire in the collar was an awesome idea! :thumbsup

Thanks for all the kind words! I can't wait to get some better pics in the next few weeks.

Nicely Done! Finally someone took that awful cosplay vest and made it look nice!

Thanks! Needless to say, I had my work cut out for me, trying to figure out how to make that thing look better. Took a few months and a TON of hot glue, but I think to think I made some good improvements.

Killer job! I always love it when people fit the look to the letter, and you have it down, dude! Your hard work has paid off in spades!! :)

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back