MiB Sunglasses question; Yes, they are Ray Ban...

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Which ones? I've closely watched this flick and I thought the correct sunglasses would look great with my other MiB props. So what do we know?
They are Ray Ban's.
They are Predator 2's.

Okay, BUT...

Are the Predator 2's matte or glossy? Are the lenses black or smoked grey?
If someone could do a screencrap of the shot in the first movie where Will is putting on the suit and reaches for his sunglasses. There is a fantastic close-up. Unless I'm seeing this wrong, it actually looks like these glasses are a combination of matte AND glossy.
So, WTF?
Is there a particular model out there that I don't know about?

They are matte and glossy. There's a glossy line at the top and underneath is matte. I have a pair and they're identical to the movie ones.

Were they predator 2s in both movies? I thought they changed them in between or something.

-Sarge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Funky Jedi @ Dec 30 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1387386[/snapback]</div>
Just in the first MiB.
[/b]

Ah cool. The "2" in "predator 2" was throwing me and making me think of the sequel. (I'm a dumbass... :confused )

thanks.

-Sarge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zev @ Dec 30 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]1387335[/snapback]</div>
They are matte and glossy. There's a glossy line at the top and underneath is matte. I have a pair and they're identical to the movie ones.
[/b]
Yep, the older Predators were two tone Black. I have been searching for a pair for the longest time. No luck so far. I am putting together a MIB Gadget Briefcase.

Are there any knockoff glasses out there identical to the MIB Raybans. I'd buy them for my display, but i won't pay big $$ for Raybans just for my display.

Tom

I was looking for a suitable cheaper replica for a few years and came up with zilch. I finally just broke down and pluncked the cash for the real thing. I liked them so much I bought two! They well really well.

Had a pair, till one day when I forgot they were on my dashboard and was tossing a textbook out of my way....

Oh well, gave me a reason to get a pair of Oakley Juliets!

I had a pair of knockoff Predators many moons ago, don't even know where they are now. Bought 'em off one of those sunglass kiosks in the mall.

Although these originals may have been partially matte, bear in mind that sometimes the matte finish in movies is a visual effect, intentionally blurring the image to hide the reflection of the crew. That may or may not have been the case here, I'm just saying it for future reference. :)

Check out this auction , it may be exactly what you are looking for just to display

item number

Edit: Per the CoC, members are not to post links or info leading to active, valid auctions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this auction , it may be exactly what you are looking for just to display

item number

Edit: Per the CoC, members are not to post links or info leading to active, valid auctions.

Sorry - Won't happen again...

Cheap MIB knockoffs are available just seach for them

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, maybe I should consider getting real ones. How much are they? Can you send me a link to the exact model(s), or do you have a model number?

They used different glasses in each of the movies too, right? You have the MIB 2 predator ones? All styles were black with black lenses, right?

I found this info on some ebay Ray Ban auctions, is this correct. Can you check your Ray Ban Predator 2 sunglasses?

Style: RB2027 W1847
Frame: Black - Matte Black frame
Lens: G-15 XLT lenses (glass lenses that are Dark Grey/Green - NOT polarized)

Thanks.

Tom

Last edited:
I remember back when the movie came out, Ray Ban put out a screen accurate MIB edition predator 2. They removed the 'Ray-Ban' logo on the right lens and it was the gloss top, matte bottom version. It also came with a neat little MIB branded case. :D I haven't seen 'em around in a while, so it may be kinda hard to find a pair.

Last edited:
When the first movie was released, I found a pair of sunglasses at the local grocery store for around $7. I brought them home and looked into them more and they are definitely Predator 2 knockoffs. However, they are matte on the top and gloss on the bottom, with greenish-gray glass lenses. Not a bad score... and I just found them in a cabinet. :)

I remember back when the movie came out, Ray Ban put out a screen accurate MIB edition predator 2. They removed the 'Ray-Ban' logo on the right lens and it was the gloss top, matte bottom version. It also came with a neat little MIB branded case. :D I haven't seen 'em around in a while, so it may be kinda hard to find a pair.

You are quite right, sir.:thumbsup
Yeah, I did a ton of research to get the EXACT pair, and they are quite rare. Not only have I never seen a pair in person, but info and pics on the EXACT model is very limited.
The tell is the glossy top brim...the rest is matte. Honestly, most people won't know or care so I just went with the easier to find all matte ones (otherwise they are exact). They'll run you about 70.00 on eBay, but as I said, they are just simply great sunglasses.

You lucky guy. The 2 tone matte/gloss finish is accurate to the movie, right?

Any brand or such on those glasses? Maybe i can still find them. The knockoff stuff on eBay i came across is defintely not Predator knockoffs as they have 2 small metal dots on the side of the front…more a match to Blues Brothers, even though auction shows a MIB pic and a poor sunglasses image where you can't see the silver dots in front. I asked and found this out.

Tom

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back