The Creature from the Black Lagoon

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here is a urethane Creature from the Black Lagoon Costume I made way back for Universal Studios. it consisted of 7 parts: the head, hands, feet arms that were attached to a spandex under suit and the main body with legs. It was all cast in BJB urethane and weighed in at around 25 lbs. We did a full body cast of Jake McKinnon and sculpted it in Roma Plastalina. We did all fiberglass molds except the hands which were GI-1000 silicone with fiberglass jackets. It was designed to go in the water and worked very well except Jake was the only guy thin enough to fit in the suit! I believe it was Vance Hartwell, Marc Linn, Jake McKinnon and Colin Penman that helped me with it. (Sorry if I forgot anybody!) This was the first of many different Creature suits I made. I still like the foam latex ones best.

wow...love it i wish more people did their spin on classic monsters. great work . any more pics?

Thanks! :D
I've been going through my old photo's (as time permits) and scanning them. I'm sure there are more pics but I will check and post what I find.

The sculpt is amazing! Where you took the picture is also a great setting.
I wish the paint was more detailed, but that is my own personal taste.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back