pics of Death Star Detention block Camera needed.

I have had a lot of problems trying to cast these bubble free, so I am giving them to a member here who has a vacuum chamber and pressure pot and experience working with clear resin. At least this will enable you guys, and me to be able to finish are cameras :)

Thanks, sounds good, and I appreciate you thinking of us also.

If your source doesn't work out, maybe ask member trooper, as he has had good success making bubble-free quality clear parts for Luke macrobinoculars. Just a thought.

I have had a lot of problems trying to cast these bubble free, so I am giving them to a member here who has a vacuum chamber and pressure pot and experience working with clear resin. At least this will enable you guys, and me to be able to finish are cameras :)

Hi A,

That should solve some if not all the casting issues you're having. Fingers crossed! :)

I have sent the lenses to a member in the US who has lots of experience working with clear resins so hopefully we'll have some nice lenses soon:)

List?! How / where? I'm confirmed as interested, if there's a way to join or support that. Since a replica of the camera uses six slide viewers, I would need six lenses, I believe.

Here are some BluRay screencaps that may help you, ​theyrenotdolls.

StarWarsEpisode4ANewHope1977BluRay1080pDTSES612Audiox264-CHDmkv_snapshot_011445_20120304_081836.jpgStarWarsEpisode4ANewHope1977BluRay1080pDTSES612Audiox264-CHDmkv_snapshot_011445_20120304_081845.jpgStarWarsEpisode4ANewHope1977BluRay1080pDTSES612Audiox264-CHDmkv_snapshot_011452_20120304_082144.jpgStarWarsEpisode4ANewHope1977BluRay1080pDTSES612Audiox264-CHDmkv_snapshot_011456_20120304_082348.jpg

I will soon be doing a run of the Aluminium Arial parts after borrowing a set of Original Michell turntable parts to copy. They are with my CNC guy so should have them by the end of the week.

I will soon be doing a run of the Aluminium Arial parts after borrowing a set of Original Michell turntable parts to copy. They are with my CNC guy so should have them by the end of the week.

Very interested...but I can´t identify the "antenna" greeblies as turntable parts...what tonearm/ turntable are they from?

Very interested...but I can´t identify the "antenna" greeblies as turntable parts...what tonearm/ turntable are they from?

Hi Markus,

Talking to kurtyboy a couple of years ago I assumed that the antenna greeblies were Mitchell sweep arm stylus brushes. The little brushes unscrew and you can pull them out of the counterweight at the other end leaving you with the rod on its own.

Might be...but that only gives us a possible source for "a" generic aluminum rod, right!? The base is definately different....

The long rod is from the Michell sweep arm. These go for £100-£175 on Ebay
s-l1600.jpg

The big round part is from a Michell Hydraulic Reference Transciptor, The part numbered 1. The Tonearms go for £150-£250.
tone.jpg

s-l1600%201.jpg

The other bar comes from the inside of a Michell turntable, not sure which one but the turntables go for big money.

Thanks for those ref pics. It seems simple enough for someone w lathe skills to turn out a few parts to make a kit. There's probably just not as much interest out there as say x wing pilot arm flares

also it's awesome that these parts were from old record players. Sux tho that vintage vinyl is so big right now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back