Oblivion - Jack's pistol

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Anyone know anything about this pistol? I love the rifle, but the pistol looks much more managable and after seeing the awesome work some members of the RPF did on Dredd's lawgiver, this should be a snap. So, anyone know anything about it, or the base gun? Anyone working on modeling one?

View attachment 156264

the top of the gun or what i am assuming is the slide looks bulky, like a glock. that crazy handle/grip is new to me, looks more like a star trek phaser grip

My first thought was custom job. Then again they used a Masada for the rifle..........

Funky angle on the handle, im stumped.

If it's an auto with an external slide, there's too much angle on the backstrap. In operation, the heel of the slide will catch the meaty skin between the first knuckle and the thumb.

Then again, Tom's got small hands, so maybe he can make it work.

Are we thinking this is completely custom made due to the angle of the handle? Does anyone have additional pics?

Heres some shots ive found...

I was gonna have a go at the pistol, but I have just drawn up plans for the rifle so I will tackle this first.. :)

Last edited:
Not an M4 grip. The base is way too wide. I would guess custom as well, but the first picture at the top of the thread makes me wonder if it was built off another found item, like a toy. Almost reminded me of the Nintendo Zapper gun to be honest but obviously not it.

The first picture appears to have a small panel to reveal a compartment (assuming to power the LEDs or what have you, plus the seam line running below and under the base of the pistol grip

Forgive my crappy drawing, this is the basic profile:

2rx6zis.jpg

Now I'm thinking some kind of cordless screwdriver.
Are we sure it's a weapon? -I thought his character was supposed to be a maintenance worker or something...

Worx-QBit-Cordless-Screwdriver.jpg

SD-micro_15-v4.jpg

Last edited:
Almost certainly custom. It could be shrouds over a real firearm, like the I Robot pistol, but it's not a found item. The silver bits in my drawing are either an existing firearm or they are machined.

In the movie it's not terribly clear whether the sidearms are projectile or energy. They sort of go 'pew! pew!':lol

I don't think there's a lot of muzzle flash.

'Non Official' screen caps aren't allowed, hence my drawing.

I think it's custom, I have the feeling the movies with scifi guns in the recent years are more and more shifting towards 3D printing.

Saw the movie last night in a Sneak Peak. It is his sidearm. Whats weird is there is kind of a clear plastic if i remember correctly where that open space is on the front of the cordless drill covering a similar type hole. Sure just coincidence but there are similarities.

I dont think they are energy based because in one scene a stripped down drone which seem to use the same technology as the gun's looks to have belt fed ammo hooked up to it.

Now I'm thinking some kind of cordless screwdriver.
Are we sure it's a weapon? -I thought his character was supposed to be a maintenance worker or something...

Worx-QBit-Cordless-Screwdriver.jpg

SD-micro_15-v4.jpg

Is that Deckard's battery screwdriver? Looks like someone from the forum got themselves a design job at Worx.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back