Oblivion - Jack's pistol

With that in mind, what we need now are reference photos from anywhere we can find them and someone who can 3D model.

joatrash is keen to have a go and I've got something sketched out, it's very rough so far only though. I can get it to 100%, just need more ref and time. Joe will probably beat me.

Is there an "Art of Oblivion" book out yet or any other sources we can pull photos to get a model rolling?

Crossing my fingers. There has to have been enough concept art to warrant a book.

hey guys Is it just my eyes or is the guns barrel exposed though the sides?

Not your eyes.

And it's up to the studios to release images. :-/

Yeah, the body of the gun is a shroud around the barrel, with several large cutouts.

Guess we're getting a bit spoiled lately with things like the Prometheus concept artists being allowed to post up their stuff on their blogs, and Greg Broadmore putting Weta stuff up on his and so on.

... and someone who can 3D model.....

Working on it Art! There is no art book at all... and the "graphic novel" that the movie was based on never actually existed. From what I've read it was something put together to woo Mr. Cruise into taking the role...

I just started on the rifle yesterday after taking possession of the (closest available) Magpul rifle airsoft and after the success of the Lawgiver kit I did with Shawn I WILL definitely give the pistol a go. With any luck I'll get to 3d modeling a bit this weekend... at least the parts that have good ref.

Hope this happens soon or at least give me an idea of how much of my fun money not to spend. I without a doubt want this...

I found a really good close up image of it.
It's the actual concept art of the pistol.
Jack's pistol left side.jpg

Cool ..I was hoping something would come up soon. I was looking almost every day and then gave up...

thanks armorebursh...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! I wonder how many changes were made from that to the production version.

Not many. Like many concept images in this movie, the pistol is VERY close. I paid close attention on my second viewing. I have enough ref to being doing a proper 3d model even if a few details need to change. I've also spoken to Morganthirteen and he is (time permitting) onboard for continuing our collaboration after the Lawgiver run. I can't think of anyone better suited to casting this. We'll have an interest thread up soon. Stay tuned!

I am SO in. Probably way too soon but any idea on a price?

Will the barrel be aluminum or metal like the "real" one?

Moving parts? Lights/electronics?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back