Oblivion - Jack's pistol

who knows were they got there inspiration.but that blue one at the bottom has a lot of the characteristics for sure...

I've got that old Namco BR rip off sitting on my bench at the mo, waiting for me to get a clue and build something.

The pistol was worked up in rhino or blender or some other thingamy and sent off to the print shop, wait for the blu ray and do the same.

Last edited:

That safety, or whatever it is supposed to be on this pistol, reminds me of the Springfield XD.

Springfield-XD-S-45-ACP-safety.jpg

The XD isn't part of the blaster, I just thought it was an interesting design choice you don't see terribly often.

I have given up, Joe. :lol

...somebody out there HAS to know what the base gun was, right, guys? Someone? Anyone? :lol :p

Thank you VERY much!

Urm...was going to upload a Rhino sketch but can't UL right now for some reason. Am working on it but got distracted and spent way more time today on one of the District 9 heavies. I have the attention span of a gnat. :(

Last edited:
I have given up, Joe. :lol

...somebody out there HAS to know what the base gun was, right, guys? Someone? Anyone? :lol :p

It's like yelling into a hurricane. I don't get it.

Maybe this will help:

THIS GUN WAS ENTIRELY CG MODELED FROM SCRATCH AND 3D PRINTED. IT IS NOT BASED ON A REAL WORLD OBJECT. YOU CAN STOP LOOKING FOR ONE.

:lol

Not to discredit anyone in this thread, but I honestly heard that the base was from an airsoft. For what it's worth....

OK, so we have had the people in the know tell us there is NOT a base gun. Knowing them like I do, I accept that to be the case and won't waste another minute looking. With that in mind, what we need now are reference photos from anywhere we can find them and someone who can 3D model. As I mentioned in the opening post, we had some amazing 3D models created of the new Dredd Lawgiver so I feel like the issue here is simply going to be one of reference. Is there an "Art of Oblivion" book out yet or any other sources we can pull photos to get a model rolling?

sure seems like there would be a good shot of It by now. maybe there teasing us knowing were going to replicate It.

So it's not based on the gun Al Pacino used in Heat? ;)

So does the "someone in the know" enjoy torturing us or is he legally bound to not share as a licensds reproduction is in the works?

Not trying to pimp him out but The.Rebel.Agent is awesome on 3D modeling if you've seen the V Visitor pistol currently in the works.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back