Oblivion - Jack's pistol

A previous post nailed it......Just saw the movie myself, and in it there is a scene where Cruise unholsters the weapon, checks the "charge", the magazine and the receiver. The weapon fills the entire screen for at least 5-7 seconds. It wont be tough to identify the original weapon or map it from the screen caps. Like it was previously stated, Its gonna be tough to wait for this Bluray release. Will DEFINETLY own this one.

The best scene is probably when he's gearing up for the day and they show the weapons rack. Perfect view of the pistol, no hands in the way or anything. I wish I could have gotten the projectionist to pause the film for a few seconds so I could snap a pic.

I just got back from seeing it again.

I just saw the film tonight! Incredible production design, as is to be expected from the same team that brought us "Tron: Legacy." I had the pleasure of getting my hands on one of the graphic novels and couldn't wait to see the film. The firearms were spectacular as well! I, too, would be interested in the pistol if anyone is able/willing to tackle this one.

Kind regards,
Craig

A previous post nailed it......Just saw the movie myself, and in it there is a scene where Cruise unholsters the weapon, checks the "charge", the magazine and the receiver. The weapon fills the entire screen for at least 5-7 seconds. It wont be tough to identify the original weapon or map it from the screen caps. Like it was previously stated, Its gonna be tough to wait for this Bluray release. Will DEFINETLY own this one.

i agree with this. saw the film last night and this scene is a real clear close up with loads of detail. going to start the rifle tomorrow when i pick up an airsoft masada :)

atb
jay

The holsters where vacuformed abs ( textured side in) with laser cut styrene plant ons. I recall making a 49 and 52 version. Still haven't seen the movie yet :(

is it me or is this squirt gun from K mart as seen on the Nerf Gun props post have a passing resemblance to Tom's pistol?

IMG_6274.jpg

It wont be tough to identify the original weapon or map it from the screen caps.

Just repeating, as others who worked on these props have stated, there was no original weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

were getting closer. what did you do take a camera to theater?

There are handycam torrents all over the place within days for every new tentpole release. DVD screener torrents sometimes show up nearly as rapidly. I am not condoning this - just days ago the US ambassador told me and my countrymen off for that stuff. :lol (I promise, Jeffrey - I've never torrented Game of Thrones! Not even once!) :lol

Well so a couple of folk on this thread have indicated. I can't get my head around how that keeps happening and nobody mentions it or asks them questions. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back