Oblivion - Jack's pistol

If I had to guess I'd say the gun was 100% custom made. Things just don't work for it to be a real gun... The grip angle is all weird, you couldn't put a magazine in that, not at that angle. The bore size is huge compared to the size of the gun. And the very small ejection port is way at the back of the slide. Just lots of red flags that point to this not being built off a real firearm. I could be wrong, but that's just my gut feelings.

Looks like they could have gotten inspiration from Nintendo...

wii_light_gun_1.jpg

More pistol caps. Apologies if there are any duplicates.

-MJ

- - - Updated - - -

I lightened the one of them, so you can see the details where the hammer would be.

Attachments

• Side Views.jpg
    Side Views.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 381
  • shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    728.2 KB · Views: 416
During the film there are at least a couple of shots of the pistol nearly filling the screen, perfectly side on and top down. It's a pity it's going to take so long to come out on blu ray. It's a really beautiful piece out of the holster.

Last edited:
I'm gathering ref for a 3d model to print. It's possible to piece together most details with what's available, to at least have a start. The only difficult parts to get right are the organic curves of the the grip. It was the same with the Dredd Lawgiver I modeled... the gun was easy but the upper grip was a nightmare.

It sure looks like someone did a mistake when dressing Tom for the movie... Maybe they wanted it to be on the other leg but then switched it to the right leg. Thus its backwards.
seems like that holster should have been turned around the other way for the gun to fit more secure....

The hero gun was printed, cleaned , fitted for electronics, painted and sent to set. It came back for repairs twice. On top of that there were about six rubbers made as well. You guys should focus on making it from scratch, you won't find anything close to it.

I can't wait till we get better shots of this gun.the more I look at what we have.the more Interested I am.as streamed back as the handle Is. sure seems like that trigger is really far forward....

The design work on this film was simply stunning. Just watched it with the Wife at the cinema last night. Im not big on Tom Cruise but I really enjoyed it.

Best
TAZ

I would really love to know what gun this was based on. Surely someone must know?

:p :lol

Mark (it is Mark, right?), thanks for the extra info. People are just kidding around talking about 'inspiration' at this point. I've been working it up in Rhino for a couple of days.

Don't suppose you could maybe give us any dims maybe?

Last edited:
Will the original prop eventually get auctioned/sold? I definitely liked it... possibly more than the rifle.

Kind of looks like the top part of this gun, but if it has anything of a real gun in it I'm guessing it's got "shrouds" or whatever other add-ons to it.

The grip is definitely a very aggressive angle for a pistol.

In the movie I'd say all of the Tet/Harper weapons are energy weapons. The people are pretty much vaporized by the drones and he actually presses a button to kind of turn on the pistol.

I definitely can't wait to see this one make it's way into reality on here. Who do I make a deposit to? ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back