MEGO 1966 Batman Figures!

Hedjii72

Sr Member
Major announcement from Figures Inc. today.

Not only are they reproducing the Classic Mego Batman figures

But they are also doing a complete line of characters from 1966 Adam West Batman in both 8 inch and 12 inch scales!

Series one will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker.

Future series will include The Penguin, Catwoman, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, King Tut, Mr. Freeze, Shame, Bookworm, Mad Hatter, Batman (with removable cowl), Robin (with removable mask), The Joker in prison baseball outfit, The Joker in opera outfit, & The Joker in grey suit. Available in both 8 inch & 12 inch.

What an insane lineup!!:devil

For you Mego fans, they are also reproducing the vintage Conan figure and Tarzan figure.

Wow!!!

Hmmm... they seem to copy Mego figures really well, but their own figures (KISS) are kind of a let down.

In this day and age people expect to see good facial likenesses and well tailored outfits where the 12-inch market is concerned (Hot Toys and Sideshow raised the bar pretty high), especially for nearly $70 a pop.

Keeping my eye on this to see what they do with the license. :thumbsup

I really want to be excited about these, but I'm having mixed feelings. I already have the vintage Mego superheroes, so other than gifts or custom fodder, they are of little interest to me. I liked many of the Retro Action Heroes that were released, but the line was cancelled. With a few exceptions, they didn't seem to sell that well. So why start a similar line so soon?

I think the intent here is different than the Mattel Retro Action figures. Mattel needlessly changed the classic Mego body type and aesthetic. These are faithful reproductions. This also has come about because of the 1966 Batman license becoming available. That's the impetus behind them. I don't have minty examples of all the original Megos, so for me, this is huge.

Also, the intent here is different than what Sideshow or Hot Toys are doing. The sculpts will not be of Hot Toys quality. If you want that, you will have... well, Hot Toys, since they too are doing a 66 Batman. But it will likely be 3 times the price of these 12 inch figures.

I'm not wild about $70 12 inch figures either, but I think the age of $20 12 inch figures disappeared some time ago. Try to see what $20 will get you in the toy store.

These figures are a celebration of nostalgia, and not meant to be Hot Toys wannabes.

Besides, even if you have the original Megos, you don't have Adam West styled ones.

My dad has an original, but is looking for the outfit for it (which isn't cheap). He actually got a deal on it, along with several other classic Megos.

My dad has an original, but is looking for the outfit for it (which isn't cheap). He actually got a deal on it, along with several other classic Megos.

I too have a few original old ones and I am content with those. They are in no way mint in the packaging, but still display well. :) just need to pick up the Hulk, Wonder Woman, Flash and Iron Man and I will be content ;)

I too have a few original old ones and I am content with those. They are in no way mint in the packaging, but still display well. :) just need to pick up the Hulk, Wonder Woman, Flash and Iron Man and I will be content ;)

The same with him. The Megos he has are not mint, but they totally display well. This includes the original Star Trek Megos (all of the crew, a couple of the aliens). The Batman he has was one he snagged recently, and he also snagged Robin (I think) and a Mego Batmobile for the both of them.

The same with him. The Megos he has are not mint, but they totally display well. This includes the original Star Trek Megos (all of the crew, a couple of the aliens). The Batman he has was one he snagged recently, and he also snagged Robin (I think) and a Mego Batmobile for the both of them.

The batmobile would be great to have. I used to have that as a kid and remember playing with that thing to death :)

The batmobile would be great to have. I used to have that as a kid and remember playing with that thing to death :)

The one my Dad bought had a broken piece to it (which is why he got a deal on it), but it still looks just as good. I know of one store in the Orlando area that has one for sale (which is where my Dad got the broken one from, and where I got the parts for my 1979 X-Wing). The restored one they have for sale out in the isles costs a bit, but they may still have it. Here's their website: Acme Superstore : Acme Comics, Cards, and Collectibles. Orlando, Florida > Home - Latest News

Mego never made a Flash. Or Green Lantern, sadly. Mattel made both in the Retro Action line, but I passed on the Flash. I wonder what they're going to do if they release all the characters from the original World's Greatest Super Heroes lineup. Maybe they'll try and provide some of the characters we never got. Now, what would make me happy is if they reproduce the Secret Identity figures. It looks like they're in the carrying case photo.
The '66 Batman figures sound neat. It looks like Figures, aka ClassicTVToys, have really made some improvements. There used to be some major issues with their reproduction bodies. To score this license, they must have really stepped up the quality control.
With all the new 60s Batman stuff coming out, have you seen the vintage-styled Barbie and Ken as Catwoman and Batman?

KENandBARBIEasADAMWESTBATMANandJULIENEWMARCATWOMAN_zps29c37183.jpg

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=86424
I'm definitely getting the Catwoman, but haven't decided about Batsy yet.

I love the Barbies actually. They really have the retro look.

And Figures inc are indeed making the secret identity figures!

You are right... I meant Shazam :)

Mego never made a Flash. Or Green Lantern, sadly. Mattel made both in the Retro Action line, but I passed on the Flash. I wonder what they're going to do if they release all the characters from the original World's Greatest Super Heroes lineup. Maybe they'll try and provide some of the characters we never got. Now, what would make me happy is if they reproduce the Secret Identity figures. It looks like they're in the carrying case photo.
The '66 Batman figures sound neat. It looks like Figures, aka ClassicTVToys, have really made some improvements. There used to be some major issues with their reproduction bodies. To score this license, they must have really stepped up the quality control.
With all the new 60s Batman stuff coming out, have you seen the vintage-styled Barbie and Ken as Catwoman and Batman?

KENandBARBIEasADAMWESTBATMANandJULIENEWMARCATWOMAN_zps29c37183.jpg

The Fwoosh ? View topic - 1966 BATMAN-KEN & BARBIE as BATMAN and CATWOMAN!!
I'm definitely getting the Catwoman, but haven't decided about Batsy yet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back