Star Trek Into Darkness Toy Replicas

hardworkingguy2000

When I first heard that Hasbro purchased the license of Star Trek-- I was excited..based on what Hasbro has done for Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformer toys, etc...

better quality than Playmates and faster than Diamond Select Toys.

But now--all they are going to make is: KREO Toys ? Cute, but come on ? No Phasers ? Roleplay toys, action figures ? no Ship ? no other toys to other Star Trek lines (TOS, TNG, etc.)

Very disappointed..according to reporting; there won't be any other Star Trek toys for this movie from Hasbro at this time (other than KREO ~Lego Toys)

Who else is disappointed ? or have new information ? thoughts ?

Thanks

No Phasers or ships?
Come on... when I think of Kirk era Star Trek, it was all about gunship diplomacy.
With the reboot being more action and less thought this seems like a very poor marketing idea.

I was really excited when I heard Hasbro got the ST:ID license. They did a really great job with Star Wars in terms of role-playing toys, so I was hopeful for something like that but with Trek items (i.e. something pretty good that can be upgraded to make something that looks almost as good studio quality). But no. No role-playing toys. No ships. Not even any action figures.
My guess is that it's because of how badly the ST '09 toy line bombed. :facepalm

I have an entire half of basement filled with Star Trek toys and was looking forward to adding some Hasbro items, looks like Hasbro doesnt really care about Star Trek. Kreo toys only? Really?! Did anyone at Hasbro do any research into this?
I hope they drop the license quickly!

Well, considering how lego is all the craze recently and that Toys R Us STILL has the 09 Trek toys on the shelves.....they are probably playing it safe!

Well, considering how lego is all the craze recently and that Toys R Us STILL has the 09 Trek toys on the shelves.....they are probably playing it safe!

TRU's problem is that they don't clearance out their toys at a reasonable time.

Hasbro's decisions over the last couple years have been questionable. Anyone who has been collecting SW toys can tell you how frustrating it has been with their distribution and cancelations.

Look at Hasbro's stock compared to Mattel...and yet Hasbro has more divisions than Mattel (Hasbro has their own studios--both in Hollywood and East Coast, TV Station-Hub; a movie division..and yet they are still below Mattel and look at the crappy Star Trek Kreo

said..at least Playmates had phasers, ships, tricorders...

This isn't that surprising. The toys in 09 were terrible and did horribly in sales.

I've been bugging QMX to re-do the phaser for this go around, but they are pretty non-committal. I wanted to pick one up to go with my new Anovos tunic.

Oh well!

I agree, QMX would be the people to do the civilian phaser and maybe even the Klingon Disruptor Uhura is using. Would LOVE THOSE.

Also, I was hoping QMX would do a Kelvin phaser, but i have a David Goldberg so that is good enough for me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back