Wall Hanging Your Proton Pack...

KrangPrime

Master Member
So, while I like my simple little stand I built, it takes up needed floor space. What is the best way to SECURELY hang my pack and trap on the wall for display?

Had to bring mine in to the office for a little wear and tear repair..and after seeing how cool these things look hanging up on walls...it's time for a newer display.

I used a wall mounted double coat hook.
Works great and holds up by putting the Alice frame on it.

I used these.

Here you can see how the Alice frame sits on it.

And how it looks on the wall.

Last edited:
I used a wall mounted double coat hook.
Works great and holds up by putting the Alice frame on it.

And how it looks on the wall.
pack6.jpg

And it supports the weight just fine of a resin pack? may have to take a trip to home depot. thought it might be fun to hang it at the office where allthe bigger props will get stored ... running out of space at home!

Last edited:
The coat hanger works great.
We used wall anchors and no problems.

My pack is fiberglass and MDF with electronics (8 D cell batteries) so it is a little heavier than most packs.

Just used photobucket and now images are showing

Last edited:

I got them at the ace hardware down the road from me.
Iirc, they were $6.00 for a pair.

I am sure Home Depot or lowes might be cheaper as the ace here is the only hardware store in my town and the closest one from them is 20 miles away so they do mark up their prices.

I just go there on occasion for small items and convenience.

UPDATE... 4-30-23
I just noticed that the person that originally asked the question has been banned.
Hopefully, my update with photos will help another member that runs into this issue.

I just added photos of some other hooks I have used for other props, and the other shows how it sits on the hook.
I hope this helps...

Since my original post 10 years or so ago, the metal hook I used then is still working perfectly.
I got mine at our local ACE Hardware.
But I am sure that The Home Depot, or Lowes should have them.
I have taken the pack on and off many times over the years without any issues at all.
If you do decide to use the same hook as I did, please remember to use anchors, so the screws do not rip out the drywall.
Or if there is a stud where you would like to mount the hook, screw the hook directly into the wooden stud.

Attachments

• 1682908244565834562228885015383.jpg
    1682908244565834562228885015383.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135
  • 1682908366876550714895967501551.jpg
    1682908366876550714895967501551.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back