Captain America Airsoft Movie Style Shield

The Blue circle is 10 1/2 inches.
The Star point to trough is 7 1/4 inches.
The rings start at 2 1/16 and expand with the exterior ring 2 1/8

The shield has a diameter of 22 1/4 inches.
Outer actual contour is 23 1/4 inches.

I've painted a few of these up for some stunt shows. they are awesome! And they throw really well too! The new killer canz ghost chrome spray from alsa corp works really well on this shield. :)

There is going to be an avengers half marathon at Disney land in November. I'm thinking this would be the perfect shield to run with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Chris, Thanks for the new recommendation for a different chrome paint.

Looks like the airsoft shield is returning to the market.
Odd that it costs less than Thor's hammer.

Pre-Order 1:1 Scale Captain America Shield Metallic Color_Pre-Order_x2oToys Toys Shop

Other than the back, not having a metal finish, it doesn't look too bad.
Wonder how hard it would be to chrome the back and then add the proper straps?

Just hope they don't go the way of Lager toys.

The paint job on it is very nice. Shame the star isn't accurate though. I was holding out for Ehobby Asia to go back in stock but not sure how often the stock gets replenished.

Hi Chris. Do you know if that Ghost Chrome spray paint is available anywhere for less than the $44/can listed on the Alsa Corp web page? Will one can be enough to do front and back of this shield?

And it seems the stuff is translucent, since they say an undercoat of white makes is brilliant and and undercoat of black makes it deeper. So they recommend a whole KIT, which bumps the price up to a whopping $110.

GHOST CHROME KITcontains all the recommended components necessary to achieve best results.

Includes:
1 Ghost Chrome can (400 ml)
1 Speed Clear can (400 ml)
1 White Stylin Basecoat can (400 ml)
1 Polishing Cloth

I like the description of the paint color, but am less enamored of that high price.

Any recourse?

I've painted a few of these up for some stunt shows. they are awesome! And they throw really well too! The new killer canz ghost chrome spray from alsa corp works really well on this shield. :)

Hi Fly4v. I’m trying to see how you routed the main leather straps through the hardware on each bracket.

Can you confirm or correct me please?

You use two separate straps on the long center part of each bracket, right? Of the two straps, the one on the bottom is threaded through the two wide-set triangular rings. Each end is tucked underneath. So far so good? On that piece of leather you have placed two of the rectangular rings.

The second leather strap with the belt buckle just threads through those rectangular rings, and when the buckle is fastened, it forms a loop. You can adjust the size of the loop larger or smaller, as you want.

Is all of that correct? Am I seeing it properly?

Teggu3, Correct on both accounts.

Let me know if you need any specific photos to show more detail.

Are you going to post photos of your build?

Here are the close ups of the straps.

324127-airsoft-shield-27.JPG

324128-airsoft-shield-28.JPG

324125-airsoft-shield-29.JPG

The shoulder straps are another segment of belt and buckle.

324126-airsoft-shield-30.JPG

324122-airsoft-shield-32.JPG

324121-airsoft-shield-33.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how I have the shield displayed.

324120-airsoft-shield-34.JPG

Hey, that's really good of you to post these detailed photos. THANK YOU.

You know, I'd so long ago abandoned the idea that the forearm and hand grip straps could be expanded to work as "backpack" shoulder straps that I was really surprised to see them used that way here. What a great option. Thank you again.

Thanks, Glad I could help.

The way the straps are separate from the shield and only held by the metal rectangles.... could either add an extension, like I did, or just a longer piece.

There are a few other photos in my RPF album, until the other links become active again.

324112-airsoft-round-shield-wip.jpg

Edit: Also the photos in the album are really big and show more detail.

Nice job! I am painting one as well. How did you get the spun effect on the front with multiple coats? Mine covers up the sanding.

thanks!

Radio Ranger I love the Cap Uniform in your Avatar! Can we get a bigger picture?

For the spun detail, I assume you have already sanded the front of the shield before painting the silver

The color coats have to be as thin as possible.
But from what I have read.... Testors clear, Chris Field, is easier to use straight from the can or you can decant the Metalcast and then use in an airbrush, a la General Frosty, for better control.

It is a fine line and once crossed, usually results in having to strip the paint and start over again. That is unless you want to give it a spin with the sandpaper again to see what comes up.

How hard or durable is the airsoft shield. my first one i did the satellite dish and i made one recently out of the steel sled and i was wondering how sturdy or hard this shield was because i want to make a mark 3. my brakets wont stay on well even with 3 strips of mounting tape (although the alluminum sheet i used was alittle thicker than it was suppose to be) and the shield is still a bit wobbly so i was thinking that either i could test out this shield or get two of the sleds and rivet the brackets on and then put the second ontop and seal it someway. i really want to make the straps and put it on my back but i want everything to be sturdy and strong. and i like building this stuff so i dont want to pay$600 for a factory made shield and i dont even like the paint job.
IMG_0554.JPGIMG_0496.JPGIMG_2972.JPGIMG_2975.JPGIMG_3036.JPGIMG_3037.JPGphoto5.jpg

How hard or durable is the airsoft shield. my first one i did the satellite dish and i made one recently out of the steel sled and i was wondering how sturdy or hard this shield was because i want to make a mark 3.

Captain Bucky, the airsoft shield is a great combination of flex and durability without the cost of aluminum, plus everything is held together with hot glue.

It should be easy to find on TheRPF, one was modified to hang off the back buckle so you don't need additional straps.

I'm really happy with mine. It has held up and don't have to worry about such an expensive prop.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back