Master Chief H4 armor and undersuit

Re: Halo costume

Hi everybody,
I'm new in this wonderful site and I'm trying to build my first Halo costume. I've started with the forearm and I'm doing it with paper, at the moment. Obviously, I need thousands of tips and suggestions...First of all: paper or foam?

This is the status of the work at the moment:

Paper or foam? Yes that is the question. I do know paper will have natural higher detail, but foam you can do year round. Fiberglassing you have to have decent temps. I have seen some seriously high detail on foam. Check out liltyrant kat build.

Well...I built a new forearm and it turned to be fine...just a bit to tight on the wrist, but I know that's normal. I actually like them a lot and I'm looking forward to apply the bondo on them.

Regarding the foam vs. paper...I don't have experience on foam, but I've seen wonderful armors out there made with foam. It worries to me the fact that I don't think it become as hard as the paper+resin+fiberglass, and I want my armor to be hard! But I'm sure it's the best choice for other armors...

Finally...the shins are completed....well....there is some detail that I want to add before painting, but they're almost done..

This is after between 2 and 4 coats of bondo and a difficult sanding giving the shape of the shins:

Shins_December28.jpg

And this is after one coat of primer:

Shins_December30.jpg

Any suggestion on how to fix cracks in the bondo like this? :

Shin_crack.JPG

An update about the front part of the undersuit,

26Gennaio-UndersuitFrontale (2).JPG

with the description of how I wrapped one of the pieces

pezzo_di_undersuit.jpg

Liking the build! I made the same MC with the same files, and I really, really hated the calf/shin armour. I pulled out a lot of the weird shapes in pep and it was still a horrible fit, I hope you had a better time :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back