walking dead Merle Dixon costume research

falken108

Hey all,
Trying to figure out Merle from season 3.
I believe I have identified his boots, will post later.
There are two shirts I would like to figure out, the linen looking one and the black shirt.
Both have epiletes. My first guess is that the linen one, if not both may be old navy military shirts.
And his pants have me really confused.
I'm thinking they are either a coyote colour or some sort of green.
On ebay I found a number of infantry operator pants that were close, but still haven't found the right ones.
Any help would be great.
Scott

Hey man i have got 3 pics that i just found with a bonus pic lol. Looking foward to this. You gotta love Merle...GM

Alrighty, heres what I have so far.
Some sort of military shirt or military style shirt.
This being the black shirt.
You can find them from anwhere between $10.00 and $250.00
I have no idea what brand.
The pants seem to be some sort of flight pants.
The boots I think are oakley si assault boots.
Thats all I have so far.
Any thoughts ?

I was not going to post this until I found a pair. However being that they are both hard to find AND expensive here ya go.
Merle's pants are Ralph Lauren Blake flight pants.
He also wears the metal sheath off of his Turkish Mauser bayonete on his left hip, behind the 1911 in a retention holster.
I would really like to find out what the knife in the black nylon sheath is on his right side.
It looks like the best images can be found in the episode where Merle fights Michone, I think it is episode 6"hounded"
Thats all I got so far.

Any more luck with the costume?

I'm doing up a Merle costume too but sort of my own spin on it. I brought over his belt buckle from season 1 to the look of season and some looks off the action figure. Waiting on the arm piece which I already ordered

Weathered up
IMG_20130608_153527_zps581b0e7d.jpg

All new stuff no weathering let
IMG_20130606_133205_zps7d73f824.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a fine looking Merle.
I am working towards the black shirt Merle.
So far I have
Screen accurate pants and boots.
A black epaulete shirt, still looking for a good belt.
Picked up a fobus holster on ebay for $20.00
I have the correct bayonet.
Merle wears the bayonet scabbard or sheath on his left hip towards the back.
Thats where I am so far.
I'll post pics once my all metal prosthetic is done.
Scott

I have some Merle clothing related questions

i've just finally gotten around to making a membership to this site, but even before i was a member i've used this thread for the past few months to try and put something together, you guys have been a big help.

i'm currently working on a zombie merle from season 3. the clothes i have so far are just temporary. im trying to make it as screen accurate as possible so i was wondering if you guys found his screen accurate clothing and know where i can find them

this is what i have so far
View attachment 367606
i'm using a CFX Slackjaw zombie mask i ordered earlier this year and i ordered my arm prop from Justin Auz W. that i got earlier this week, they are both beautifully made.

I'm looking for the black epaulette shirt (screen accurate)
and the Ralph Lauren Blake flight pants. I've hunted the internet and many many nights
and cant find them anywhere.

MrJayson1464,
falken108,
i am wondering if you guys have found them and could help me out. hope to hear from you soon. ZS

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you all don't mind that I jump in here too.

I'm going to Walker Stalker Con end of this month and I'm also putting together a Merle cosplay.

Thanks for posting all this info.

Can someone tell me what the pouches are that are strapped to his leg, I'd like to add those to my costume too.

Thanks

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back