UD Replicas TDKR Cape attachment

Rickhemingway

I have the leather UD Replicas TDKR suit, and it looks amazing. I'm curious if anyone on here has actually made cuts in the jacket to feed the cape through to make a more accurate finish? If so, I was looking for some guidance and or suggestions on doing that.

I've seen some Velcro the cape to the backside of the chest plate, but I would rather have it look closer to the screen used way. Any thoughts?

large powerful earth magnets that you could affix to the cape and then on the inside of the jacket that way you don't have to cut/modify it in anyway? I think I had read somewhere that is how one guy did it.

I did it, Rick. Well let me clarify...I paid a tailor to do it. :lol She just removed the seam at the top of the collar carbon fiber bits.
IMG_1006.jpg

So I was able to feed through Velcro strips attached to the cape and Velcro was sewn to the inside of the coat.
IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

I used the earth magnet method and it works flawlessly. I got the magnets cheap off amazon. Just keep them away from all electronics!

Thanks guys for the help there. It's a beautiful suit, I just want it to look accuately finished haha :) Oh, and if anyone here is thinking about getting the UD Replicas TDKR suit.. I say absoltely go for it, you'll love it!! The owner David is a nice guy, and is very helpful.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back