Custom Sci-Fi Grenade

anfa

Hi, this is the first time I've posted something I've made.
I made a Sci-Fi hand grenade.
It was made from a screwdriver set thingie similar to this one but not the same(I should have taken a photo of it before I started).
Precision_Screwdriver_Set_BK_633_31B.jpg

The lever thingie was cut from a shampoo bottle.
ShampooBottle1.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

1.jpg

10.jpg

4.jpg

9.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

I've updated the pin from a hair pin to a proper split pin. lol
When you pull the pin and release the lever, blue LEDs flash(well, one LED in the centre with fibre optic tubing going to the LED housings) and it vibrates(I installed a small motor with a bit of plastic stuck on the axle thingie). I'll make a video when I'm sober.
I also filled the base with air-dry clay to give it a bit weight so it feels good to hold.
The "Kriger Corporation" thing is because I wanted to create a fictitious evil corporation that makes this type of gear. I just stuck a load of words in Google Translate until I found a word that sounded right. Kriger is Danish for warrior and the logo is a simplified Viking shield.

Love the look of that, really creative idea! it looks like you plucked it right out of a movie or video game. look forward to seeing some more of your work

Very cool!

I'd request to have this moved to the main forum though, it's more of a prop than a model.

I really like the light up idea as well.

As a big archer fan, I have to always give kudos for the use of Krieger :lol

Chris

Very cool!

I'd request to have this moved to the main forum though, it's more of a prop than a model.

I really like the light up idea as well.

As a big archer fan, I have to always give kudos for the use of Krieger :lol

Chris
An American said that. lol I don't know the show. I went with Google Translate.

+1 for drunk posting! lol

That thing is cool! out of a screwdriver set,shampoo bottle and is that a grip from a reusable coffee travel mug? Great job painting/weathering it too!

We could make a fortune importing the screwdriver sets, sell them and container separately, and make prop grenades lol.

You can get the same screwdriver set from any poundland in the UK :)

Good work on the prop, cant wait to see the rest of the range :)

excellent work. The lever from the shampoo bottle was genius! The finished product looks camera ready to me. Only suggestion I have is to take pics as you do the build, so we can see the genius as it comes together.

Again, great job, and welcome to the board!

I'm going to repeat others, but that's gorgeous! And using the shampoo bottle was indeed genius!

I really love these, "It is not in any movie, book, game, etc. but this is something I made" stuff. That and things made from odd found items.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back