WIP Proton Pack - Pepakura build

seancoleman

I've wanted a proton pack since I can remember!

Ghostbusters will always be on the short list of my all time favorite movies

After much searching for a shell close to home, I have decided to start to build a shell with pepakura

This will be cheaper then buying a shell but of course take much more time. but i'm in no hurry, those ghosts are not going anywhere

"Why Worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back"

I got the pepakura files from gbfans.com forum
I can find the link if anyone is interested"

nd_zps4788bffd.jpg

I started with the easy easy pieces, cut and folded

photo12-1_zps2bdb472f.jpg

photo11-1_zps77cd8e52.jpg

Anyone I see building a pep proton pack has suggested adding aluminum foil duct tape to the back
stops the resin from collapsing the boxes

I'll glue these together then start work on the Power Cell and PPD box

Just getting these pieces together has gotten me super excited to have my own Pack!!

who says its not a toy?!

I will be posting some pictures here but most of the build will be showcased on my new facebook page
I will also be showing progress on the Ghostbuster uniform as well

so please PLEASE PLEASE go to my page and hit LIKE
Im trying to get my work shown to wider audiences

Captain Halloween | Facebook

for those of you without Facebook please check out my blog

The Captain's Cosplay

This looks really interesting.

Same here, I have wanted one of these for nearly 30 years and this seems like the cost effective way to do it.

I would've interested in those files if you could post it, thanks.

Good luck with the build buddy.

They look like proton chargers files. You're lucky, I don't think you can get the hold of em anymore because somebody tried to pass his work off as their own. At least that's what I heard...

Very awesome!! I also want a pack and am not very creative so won't be building my own. But will be placing an order soon for one! Lol

Looks like you might be right
The 4Shared link says invalid.

They look like proton chargers files. You're lucky, I don't think you can get the hold of em anymore because somebody tried to pass his work off as their own. At least that's what I heard...

Sean,

I do not mean to be rude or suggest you are trying to steal something. It's knowing the history of the pep files and knowing PC, that when there was no mention of him giving credit it sent up a red flag. I'm using the same pep files as you but i had to beg to get them since he no longer was releasing them to anyone. If you could please give credit to the creator. I wish you the best of luck in your build and if you have questions of problems don't hesitate to ask

Paul

If you read the posts you would see that I didnt know the name then Cooker said they were Proton Chargers
I downloaded these a very long time ago when looking into building one

the credit is his

I just didnt know the makers name since i got them so long ago

Wow,

People really jump all over these Pep builds.
I am wanting to start getting into Pepakura and I have downloaded a few files from various websites. Some Halo stuff, a Vash Pistol, but I have no idea what the origins are of the files.

How do we tread in these sort of situations ?

The last thing I, or probably seancoleman would want to do is offend anyone.

Do we need to trace the source if the files before posting (which may not be possible) or just state clearly where the files came from ?

Sorry to high jack your thread seancoleman, I am really looking forward to see how your build comes on.

I remembered I had my flash with the pep files with me at work
So I opened one of the files and took a screenshot

2-1_zpsbd1fb50e.jpg

All credit for these pepakura files go to Proton Charger/TheManWithAName

Sorry again Sean, I've just seen too many friends get their work recasted or taken lately.

If i might add a suggestion to your build. When you do the Power cell and PPD Box 1 don't worry about cutting out the circle in the middle or window of the power cell. They will add to the stability of these parts when you add resin to the outside and allow you to custom cut them to the parts without having to add filler(on top of minutes/hour saved cutting and piecing those areas together)

thanks for the advice
I was debating about the window on the power cell, I've seen some people leave it flat, and some build it fully

I do have 1 question though. For the box parts, like the PPD box or Ion arm
do you cut a hole and add resin inside?? is so, cut the hole before or after resin-ing the outside?

thanks for the advice
I was debating about the window on the power cell, I've seen some people leave it flat, and some build it fully

I do have 1 question though. For the box parts, like the PPD box or Ion arm
do you cut a hole and add resin inside?? is so, cut the hole before or after resin-ing the outside?

The easiest way would be to build each part individually and then glue them together. Resin the outside and once thats cured, flip it over resin the back, after that has cured use a dremel to cut out the backing to lay your fiberglass on the inside.

here is mine up to this point:

Outside(I pepped the window for the powercell)
img0633td.jpg

My cyclotron fell off due to the glue not holding, so I had to reattach it in a little bit difficult way to make everything one piece

And here is the back
img0661bg.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thanks again man
your pack looks great!

got a lot more confidence in building now. wont be second guessing how things should go

You'll do great and worst case you might need to remake a part or two. I did my spacer twice before I was happy. Also bondo covers any issues.

I'll help with any question. I started back in sept of last year so this is my first go too

I've been wanting to do this build forever so im really excited about it
Hopefully I can get some free time tonight to work on it

going to be a labor of love for sure

Looking good gents! Please don't think I was having a go at you. If anything, I'm a little jealous cos I missed out on getting PC's files before they were taken down. I ended up using someone else's files (maybe dung0beetle, can't remember) I had to freehand quite a few bits to get it looking accurate though... I'm getting ready to resin mine at the mo. I'm glad to see wardarkfox did it the same order that I was hoping to. Makes me a bit more confident!!

I was going to start in the winter but decided to start closer to nicer weather
so when its warmer I can resin it (i dont have a garage so i have to do it in my backyard)

my landlord is going to think im crazy lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back