Tomb Raider - The Clock of Ages (Progress Thread)

RelicMaker

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
"Tomb Raider"

~ The Clock of Ages ~

This prop has been a 'Holy Grail' of mine since I first joined the RPF. If I remember correctly, this is what brought me to the RPF to begin with, but did not have the skills or resources to build it then. Thanks to the support of the members here, I have now finally began the process of creating a prototype to mold and cast in metal!:cool

I'm not sure yet about if it will light up or not, but we'll see as I get closer in on the build.

It will be cast in pewter and gold-plated.

I'll update this thread as I build it!

ClockProgress1.jpg

vlcsnap-386051.png

vlcsnap-508408.png

vlcsnap-509266.png

vlcsnap-389053.png

vlcsnap-391676.png

Last edited:
Any progress on this? I am very interested in one. With the original coming up in the Profiles in History auction at the end of July, hopefully you can generate more interest.

This got put on the back burner for a little bit, but I'm about to continue work on it. I've got all the design work sketched out with every little detail added to match the original in the screencaps. The design graphics will be laser-etched into the prototype. So, it will look spot on to the original!;-)

Love this prop! I remember when it was being researched a long time ago that people were having trouble nailing down the size due to nothing ever being in frame to scale it to. Now that the original is being auctioned off that mystery is over! Its on page 304 of the catalog, 6.5 inches across.

Could be interesting...

But I remember the last TR prop was canceled?!? Some time agou you told me, you were working on the orb from TR2?!?

Could be interesting...

But I remember the last TR prop was canceled?!? Some time agou you told me, you were working on the orb from TR2?!?

Yeah, there was a lot of brain-storming on ideas on how to do the Orb, but it seemed to difficult to do without it costing too much to produce. I may look at it again later and see if it can be done. We will see....

I think this will be a very desirable item once you complete it!

I understand that you shelved the orb. Are you still working on the medallion that appears in Cradle of Life?

Image of medallion in the link below

$T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH+)BRjsHOQI4w~~60_57.JPG

Like yourself I have my own personal 'holy grail'.

Have you played Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation? There is an artefact in this game called the Amulet of Horus. The shiny version that appears in cutscenes.

Would you consider it? I find many of your projects impressive! :thumbsup

Like yourself I have my own personal 'holy grail'.

Have you played Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation? There is an artefact in this game called the Amulet of Horus. The shiny version that appears in cutscenes.

Would you consider it? I find many of your projects impressive! :thumbsup

Thanks! I'll consider it, but I've got a long list of projects beforehand....

Nice to see someone else trying this out. I had my own progress thread running, but its been taking me forever to make any real progress, interest was dropping off, (On both sides).
I too was interested again when I heard the real prop was up for auction.
Here is my original thread, page 2, if anyone wants to compare notes.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/tick-tock-work-progress-10766/index2.html

Your progress is looking great on the lid, but overall, it is too thick in the body and perimeter frame.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back