Leather elbow/Knee pads and collar Sourced

BawFlinger

Hi guys, I posted this over on the Dragoncon 2013 Dredd group. Long story short, found a company in the US called Steamtech 1876. I don't know if they have been featured on here before, but they make these for $250 a set- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...71496115.77644.218184121528347&type=1&theater

Their lead time is a couple of months at the moment and I have a show end of next month (MCM London), so I had to go elsewhere. I was about to order my Full set of leathers from Leathernext and thought I would ask the guy if they could make em and the leather collar on the jacket as well. So I spoke the head guy and sent him a load of reference pics. He got back to me super quick and said he would do them. We spoke a lot about mods to the jacket to get the collar to fix at certain points via velcro ect that will be sewn to my jacket. he's going to get back to me with a couple of days with prices. he is genuinely interested in offering these out as regular items.

Here's the interesting thing. I picked up from an earlier thread about these guys and some feedback about the gloves. Well, they listened! He's doing a new glove and should have pictures to me by next week. Im excited :)

Very cool news! It will help to save a few bucks vice dishing out nearly 600 plus green backs for a full leather suit. I look forward to hearing more details and photos whenever they are ready. I rather buy my suit especially when all the modification will be included into the suit. Nice job on the pads you made displayed on your facebook page great job. Like i said very cool news. Thanks for sharing i appreciate it.

Guys. Update! The final glove revision has just one up on Leathernexts FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Leather-Next-Leather-Jackets/145785888778044

Now on the Knee, elbow and collar pieces. Just spoke to the guy at LeatherNext. We have ditched the idea of the leather pads now looking at black leather outer area to hold PU pads, but I need to get a set to him this week as he's going to the factory in Pakistan at the weekend for a while. Does anyone with spare set of both knocking around? I’m on a list but I don't think I could get them in time. Could anyone help me out on this? The collar unit is tricky as well. I have to come up with a design for the internal foam piece on which to base a leather pattern. Again I need help with this, if anyone who as a screen used can provide me with some dimensions that would be awesome. Many Thanks! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back