Skyrim Wooden Sword

TMNT Fan

I just bought my first Jig Saw and thought I'd make something easy, but that I really love. The wooden children's sword from Skyrim. This will be my first wood working project since high school, so I'm getting the rust off my skills.

For those that want to know: I'm using a 24 1/2 inch 2x4 to make this. I'll add more photos as I go. Also, for those that have seen my map, I'm going to be framing it as soon as I get the frame made. I'm really happy with it and can't wait to show you guys. :D

now... PICS!

191e579f-4b95-4cf5-b4eb-b7923c7811b4.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

I ended up messing up, but I learned something in the process. Still not done, but I might as well update this post for anyone interested.

Was doing good.
IMG_0053-1.jpg

Then I messed up and had to redesign the hand guard, so it's not the sword from Skyrim design. I'll be restarting that one in a few days when I'm done with this and I get my Dremel in.
IMG_0056.jpg

Lots of sanding... so much sanding... and whittling... lol, but I love it. When I get done with this one, I want to sell it, but I can't list it here yet. I don't think. I need to look if there's a noob "for sale" thread in the Junkyard.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back