Stormtrooper New Sculpt 1:3 scale WIP

This has the vibe of that old Screamin' vinyl kit in 1/4th scale. Much better, of course, looking like a stormtrooper instead of a sorry mess like the old vinyl kit.

The thighs seem a little on the fat side, they could be slimmer (especially on top) and taper a tiny bit more. The thigh "ammo belt" thingy is a bit too small and should be straight on top and rounded on the bottom edges. Also, the detonator has the control panel details but not the raised panel itself (or so it seems looking at your pics).

Other than that, you're golden so far!

Hi thanks for the input i used some armour to downscale the parts but it will never be 100% i am not that good i am quite pleased with how he looks its much better than my first attempt i have reached the point now were i just want him finished i have spent far too many hours on him already so i am just doing the last few parts and i will give him a very good clean and polish before seeing if there is enough interest to do a small run if not he will look great on my mantle piece :)
My intention was the screamin pose so thats good to know i always liked it even though it was pretty naff.

The Screamin' stormie was the pride of my (meager) collection back when it came out. :) But man, were their sculpts off, looking at them years later.

You should be very pleased with how your sculpt is turning out, as well as your first version and the sandtrooper based on that. The Sideshow stormtrooper PF statue does not even come close to what you have done here, man! While I know the feeling of just wanting to finish stuff after you spent half an eternity working on it, I still think that with just the tiniest sculpt changes and attention to the most subtle of details, this could very well become the be-all-end-all stormtrooper display that isn't a full scale cast off of screen used armor.

And ha! I just now spotted the Screamin' TK in the background of one of your pics. I sadly sold mine years ago:
9101608290_5c84f85fc5_o.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back