Stormtrooper New Sculpt 1:3 scale WIP

judgedredd

Sr Member
This is my new action pose Stormtrooper sculpt same scale as my previous one around 2 foot tall i want to create a Deathstar Diorama bridge and doorway to go with it.
Its still as rough as a Badgers bum but it has a long way to go it will never be perfect however i am interested if it looks ok?
cheers
Rob
016-2_zps8bc88f58.jpg

017-3_zps83b830f5.jpg

That's coming together nicely. Attached is the iconic pose I always thing about, but I can't find the head-to-toe picture. Combined with a background of the door / retracting bridge would be perfect.

Is the abdomen plate correct for a stormtrooper (vs. a sand trooper)? You're probably still working those details...

Hi Troy :) thats the kind of thing i am after :) i have this idea of 2 troopers on a huge diorama base with the doorway lit up and little blinkey lights on the door panel i have a friend in spain who might be going to do the diorama for me.
i have spent ages just trying to get hime to stand correctly its soo difficult.
As i always ay i am no sculpter so things are very difficult for me to get correct.
I am having the abdo plate detail blaster and rear cog prototyped this time just waiting for them to come.
thanks
Rob

That's coming together nicely. Attached is the iconic pose I always thing about, but I can't find the head-to-toe picture. Combined with a background of the door / retracting bridge would be perfect.

Is the abdomen plate correct for a stormtrooper (vs. a sand trooper)? You're probably still working those details...

Looking awesome. If Alfredo (or whomever) does not build a diorama for it then I'll plan to make my own for it (yes, I'll take a kit). I like your idea with lights. I would design one that hangs on a wall for display, that way the retracted bridge will really have a long drop-off below it !

Very nice work so far. Keep it up! This is very promising. I want one!

Hi not had much time to do a lot on the new trooper due to many many home DIY projects :( but he is taking shape hope to crack on with him this week!

I am not a sculpter in the true sense so i use all sorts of medium like sculpey, car filler, wood ,resin anything that serves the purpose :)

Iam trying to design it this time with easy joints so it can come apart for easy painting and easier casting.

hopefully so :) i cant tell you how many hours have gone into him i do something then it doesnt look right so remake it i have probably built the same figure about 5 times with all the messing around i do :)

I might be interested in this as well, especially since I missed V.1. Hope it will come when my budget recovers a bit.

Hi thats great will try my best to keep it a good price the sandtrooper was much harder due to the number of parts and time.
I will post some updated photos soon just trying to get him cleaned up a bit first i also have to wait for a prototyped blaster to arrive to finish the hands.

I might be interested in this as well, especially since I missed V.1. Hope it will come when my budget recovers a bit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back