Stormtrooper New Sculpt 1:3 scale WIP

Sure! Maybe these will help. These are from RS Props suits I built, which are cast off of an original ANH armor.
Thigh detail:
6500996425_006bd4edb5_o.jpg
6500985791_71ddf9b590_o.jpg

Detonator with detail plate:
6510460395_edb0a3a08e_o.jpg

And one of me in a similar pose inspired by the "bridge" sequence in ANH, but with a left-handed blaster grip:
8538583451_5c5a74bc4f_o.jpg

Thanks so much for not taking "criticism" the wrong way, I'm really looking forward to the finished project but I can hardly ever help noticing smaller things that "bug me" about stormtroopers.
Will your stormie also have a holster?

Hi thanks for those i am no expert on the trooper armour even though i have learnt so much by doing the to scaled figures help is always useful as i sometimes cannot see the faults as i look at the damn thing day in and day out :) i have made a few changes i will clean it up and prime it for your inspection it does look a bit better i have to be honest.My skills as a sculpter are very limited so he will never be 100% i have resculpted this figure 4 times now the first was the one i made about four years ago the second was never seen and the third was my Sandtrooper so i really am getting tired of it but it keeps haunting me as i love the stormtroopers so much i want it just as close as i can manage.
When its finished i will put him next to the screamin one for judgement :)
The thermal detonator tube does have a inner raised section it does go all the way around but you cant really tell once painted i have been asked to leave the elastic belt at the rear as seperate add on for realism so my finished one will not have a belt unless i can fix a temporary one.
cheers
Rob

Looking forward to your changes!
And as far as I can tell, your skills as a sculptor are pretty mad - hats off to you. This, like your other sculpts, is better than most anything with a license on it!
Even Gentle Giant's stormtrooper was off in many ways, yours is way up there as it is, and I really really like what you've done so far.

Sounds good about the cloth belt. It will make the whole thing pop so much more once finished.

Here are the pics witht he alterations you suggested it does look much better now thankyou!
I am not sure if i can do the holsters to be honest.I could have a go does anyone have a template to cut one out?

Maybe like on the Sideshow Premium Format you could have a pleather or real leather holster instead of sculpted

How do you intend to attach the holster to the belt? Also do you intend to make it functional thus to fit a blaster inside? Not sure if necessary to have it functional IMO, especially since the blaster will be in TK's hands, but you can see what can be done when working on it and observing all options. :) Cannot wait for you to have this for sale, saving $ for it as we speak, hope it won't take too long and to spend the money on something else LOL. :D

Hi i need to work out the holster see if its something i can make or maybe just add the components to the kit still trying to source some small studs to use on it.
This will be a purely static figure nothing moving or functional on him i am afraid its been hard enough doing it this way i have spent a lot of time trying to get him to fit together as he is at the moment in the photos there are just 2 screws going into him feet the rest is just fitted together with no glue.
I am currently just spraying him with gloss once its hrdened i will do a small paint job before sending him off to be cast if there is enough interest i will need at least 10 to make it viable i have lost too much money in the past on these figures so i am a little cautious :)

How do you intend to attach the holster to the belt? Also do you intend to make it functional thus to fit a blaster inside? Not sure if necessary to have it functional IMO, especially since the blaster will be in TK's hands, but you can see what can be done when working on it and observing all options. :) Cannot wait for you to have this for sale, saving $ for it as we speak, hope it won't take too long and to spend the money on something else LOL. :D

Looking really good, it's cool to see it right next to the Screamin' "monstrosity", it is sooo much better than Sideshos and Attakus and all that stuff and kicks all kinds of behind. :)
The subtle changes make it so much more accurate, glad I could help with a "fresh perspective".

Great job, and man, is it huge!

Hi yes a small change made a big difference thanks :)
hope there is some interest in it now :( If you know of any other forums were there might be interest please drop me an a link :)
Thanks again
Looking really good, it's cool to see it right next to the Screamin' "monstrosity", it is sooo much better than Sideshos and Attakus and all that stuff and kicks all kinds of behind. :)
The subtle changes make it so much more accurate, glad I could help with a "fresh perspective".

Great job, and man, is it huge!

I am - like I was with your first version - extremely tempted. Shame that 2013 is the year of expensive fan activity (Celebration Europe II here in Germany) and too many other very recent collecting habits (damn you, Ghostbusters costuming! ;) ) for me, so no petty cash on the side for spontaneous acquisitions.

Mh...is there an option to maybe just grab a body plus blaster off your hands? I already have a fully painted 3rd scale helmet:
8534417316_54901957b6_o.jpg

No problem i will do you a discounted price on a body an blaster once i know the price just add your interest with instruction to the junkyard thread,It wont happen if i dont get enough interest and so far i just have 1 :(
cheers

I am - like I was with your first version - extremely tempted. Shame that 2013 is the year of expensive fan activity (Celebration Europe II here in Germany) and too many other very recent collecting habits (damn you, Ghostbusters costuming! ;) ) for me, so no petty cash on the side for spontaneous acquisitions.

Mh...is there an option to maybe just grab a body plus blaster off your hands? I already have a fully painted 3rd scale helmet:
View attachment 200983

I know I want one. Hopefully others will want this cool statue as well. I have many Stormtrooper items in my collection, but all the statues I have no matter if made by Sideshow, Attakus or Gentle Giant have some accuracy issues. This one made by you seems to be the best so far, better than licensed stuff. :)

Hi thanks its still no where near screen accurate but i am very pleased how he has come out and he looks great in real life this is how i remember stormtroopers when i was a chuild :) i will try and add some painted detail to help encourage people onto the list so it can happen seems a bit quiet so far though i am afraid :(
Do you want adding to the interest list thread?
cheers

I know I want one. Hopefully others will want this cool statue as well. I have many Stormtrooper items in my collection, but all the statues I have no matter if made by Sideshow, Attakus or Gentle Giant have some accuracy issues. This one made by you seems to be the best so far, better than licensed stuff. :)

Last edited:
It is way more screen accurate than the licensed statues from Sideshow, Attakus and Gentle Giant, I have them all, and each has its own issues alas. For example the helmet on this one looks better than all those 3 combined. I'm on the interest thread indeed! Want one of these! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back