The Bible series on the History Channel / Brad Pitt's Troy

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
Was watching Mark Burnett's The Bible series on the History channel (a very good series if you haven't seen it), and immediately recognized the Philistine armor in Episode three during Samson's story!

Check it out:
View attachment 153037

Now, check out this shot of Odyssesus' (Sean Bean) men from Troy!
View attachment 153038

Recognize the armor?!?

I am guessing this means that this particular armor was most likely rented. Anyone know anything about it? I would LOVE to get my hands on a set of that armor as well as some of the other leather pieces seen in the Bible series.

I need to watch this, I've heard a lot of good things about it, but haven't seen it myself, me being a Christian I would need to keep an eye on all of the facts, but wardrobe wise it would be an awe-some sight as well.

-The Armorer

Sorry i can't help. But the bible is an awesome show, and i am not a religus man. But i have always gravitated to the story...GM

Compared to the Book, they gloss over a lot of detail and even make up a few things... but there are some very cool costumes sprinkled throughout, especially if you are into the sword and sandals look. The leather armor from around King David's era is especially cool. Would love to own a set of it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back