EVA foam bonding agent to urethane resin?

SuperBoom

Greetings all! Long time lurker/sniper, first time poster.
So I've been working on a fairly complex project for a promo piece; a wearable, flexible carbon-fiber look arm application.

I've been casting arms like crazy (and broke several; hydrocal/ultracal fingers keep snapping off in the alginate mold), and decided to go with a urethane resin for the arm part for durability. It will be slush-cast from smooth-on 380 I have laying around, but here's the question:
I'm scuplting on some additional pieces in either EVA foam or clay to the resin cast and covering all with a layer of 2x2 twill weave fiberglass for texture, then making the final glove mold in latex rubber. I'm wondering if clay will float off the piece or deform with the FG riding over it, so I'm thinking that gluing the foam in place is the way to go.
Is there a good adhesive that will keep the eva foam in place on the resin arm during the last mold phase?
I've tried the following with no luck:
Elmer's glue-all, silicone adhesive, loctite gel, general superglue.
I have these and will be experimenting: loctite 2-part epoxy, gorilla glue epoxy, loctite CA, polyester resin, ___. I'm a bit over budget already, so if possible, I'd like the fix to be reasonably cheap :)

For reference, the arm appliance I'm working on: click

As a side note, I've found some interesting ways to make twill weave fiberglass fabric an extremely flexible laminate, and homemade ultra-cal for $15 bucks a bag if you're all interested :D

Just a quick update and a new question.
On the resin/EVA foam quest, it turns out that good 'ol Hi-temp hot glue works best, even on the resin. This surprised me to no end, even after testing nearly a dozen different adhesives.

Now, on to the next bit. I've got my foam in place and decided to bulk up my arm appliance with sculpey to a) make up for the inevitable latex shrink, and b) add some detailing, of course.

Due to the limits of the running tally of this project, the resin arm was cast in alginate and held in place in a 36" (long) x 4" (diameter) capped PVC pipe as an all-in-one mothermold and container.
The only problem was that my hand barely fit and I had to close up my fingers a bit to get it to fit. Think a well-relaxed gun grip pose.

Anyhow, I've got my details in the sculpey, my foam positives glued up, and it came time to heat this thing (which I've nicknamed Project Salvatore after my earlier plaster casts looked like mob hits; photos coming soon). My heat gun crapped out, necessitating a visit to the nearest harbor freight this evening.
Is there a chance in Hades that I'll get this arm to cure with just a heat gun? I'm thinking I'm going to have to rig up some kind of DIY kiln with foil-lined panels or whatnot.

Any insight, anyone?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back