Anymore Ray Harryhausen fans out there. The 3 Worlds of Gulliver 1960 Ray Harryhausen

apemadman

Last edited:
Re: Anymore Ray Harryhausen fans out there. The 3 Worlds of Gulliver 1960 Ray Harryha

Wow, fantastic piece! One of my favorite childhood movies, along with 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Mysterious Island and Jason and the Argonauts. I just acquired a 3 Worlds and 7th Voyage poster both signed by him. I tried bidding on the princess's dress from Sinbad but didn't get it.
Where did you find that piece?

Re: Anymore Ray Harryhausen fans out there. The 3 Worlds of Gulliver 1960 Ray Harryha

Loved the fighting skeletons scene...........guy was awesome.

Wow, fantastic piece! One of my favorite childhood movies, along with 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Mysterious Island and Jason and the Argonauts. I just acquired a 3 Worlds and 7th Voyage poster both signed by him. I tried bidding on the princess's dress from Sinbad but didn't get it.
Where did you find that piece?
:):) Thank you Carey
Have you been on the Ray Harryhausen Official Website(Google it) you can send Ray a message although he is unable to answer the emails personally he does read all of them.
Ray now lives in London and I was hoping to go to one of his signings and get him to sign the Waistcoat but Unfortunately Ray is nearly 93 and does not attend any events anymore:( , I suppose we all have to slow down at some point!.:sleep.I have just been able to buy a 3 Worlds Of Gulliver signed photo by Ray which he signed last year at a charity event.
I bought the Vest from a contact in America and I believe he bought it straight from Western Costume Co in one of their yard sales.
Do you mind me asking how much the Princess Dress sold for.
Best Wishes Steve.

Hey Steve, I'll have to check that out, thanks. The dress was in a recent PP auction and didnt sell because of a high reserve, est price was $8500 to $9500. Here's a description:
This is a golden gown worn by actress Kathryn Grant in the 1958 family-fantasy 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad.' Grant plays Princess Parisa, who has been shrunk by an evil wizard (Torin Thatcher), and Sinbad (Kerwin Matthews) must battle an island of monsters to cure her and prevent a war. The gown is full size and made from a metallic gold, silk material with a single strap on the right shoulder. The gown is in overall very good condition, with some slight staining on the inside layer. A sewn label inside reads 'Columbia Pictures Kathy Grant.' Includes wardrobe tag.
I'm sure it will show up again somewhere.
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/14535/14845588_1.jpg?v=8CFA29DCE981D90
http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/14535/14845588_2.jpg?v=8CFA29DCE981D90

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back