Juez Dredd’s JUDGE DREDD HELMET CONTEST ENTRY.

Juez Dredd

Since i was a child i was a fan from the Silvester’s Stallone film, that’s why i was curious, so i also watched the film from 2012, and it was better as i expected, i was shocked with the movie, i liked so much the design of the characters and the adaptation of the comic, to something more realistic, dirty ,violent and dark than the first film.

I was so excited for the challenge of creating by myself the complete costume for Halloween, i studied arts and i’ve made some other cosplays before so i thought “maybe i’m capable of doing it” and i was mainly interested in the creation of the helmet and all the details of the costume within the budget i had, so i made a research of materials i’ ve used before like fiberglass and resin for the first part of the process.

I started making and adaptation to a motorcycle’s helmet to get Dredd’s helmet because it was going to be easier for me that way, first in order to have the time enough to finish it and second because i’m not an expert making molds, so i started sanding the motorcycle’s helmet taking some measures with masking tape and then covering it with fiberglass and resin to give it the proper shapes.

After i waited until the resin was dry to start sanding it again, i made this just to have the initial form of the helmet to continue the second process by covering the surface with plaster of fiberglass (the green one that is used to resurface the cars when they are crashed) because it gets hard enough to sand it again and paint it with sprays after all the process.

One of the most difficult part for me was to find acrylic polarized for the visor but i finally found it in a shop were they polarized windows for cars and they sold me some pieces that i finally adapted to the helmet after panting it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back