Oswin Oswald Dress and Belt wip

omnisam

Hey y'all, just thought I'd start a thread to keep track of my Oswin Oswald cosplay from Doctor Who.

I am drafting a pattern for the dress and building the belt as accurately as I can, even though I am on a mega budget.

So things probably won't be screen accurate, but we will see how close I can get!

Here's what I'm working on today:

Screenshot2013-03-27at11702PM_zps7753444f.png

One of the many weird little thingamajigs on her belt.
I used a stitch counter (used in knitting) that I just happened to have lying around (YAY FREE!) and it is surprisingly a close match. I just need to attach some wire and find a nice piece of foam or whatever that is (what is that stuff? where can I find it?).
Not huge progress, I know, but thought I'd start logging it.

I've made some progress on the dress too, I'll post that soon.

Thanks for looking, let me know if you have any tips!

That foam appears to be plain ol' grey cushioning foam. The stuff that is used to protect musical instruments in their cases and to ship some electronics. Since you are on a budget, I would first try a store that repairs computers as they may have empty boxes with that foam in it (i.e. video cards and power supplies are often packaged surrounded by that kind of foam).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back