SOMEWHERE IN TIME: A portrait of Christpher Reeve @ 1/3 scale

Cadeus

Sr Member
Greetings! So this thread is all about Christopher Reeve from the movie SOMEWHERE IN TIME. It is my favorite love story, and coincidentally, my mother's, as well. So I am making this sculpture for her, for Christmas. This is my first thread in this section, and I know there are a lot of artists here far more talented than myself, so I am hoping for a lot of critiques. I would like this to be as accurate as possible, considering the recipient. I have begun the armature, and will begin posting progress pics, soon. While you wait on me, I would be grateful for some good profile pics of Mr. Reeve from that time. I have collected a lot myself, but good profiles for sculpting him seem to be hard to find. Below are a few images of what I hope to achieve.

(this is the pose I will give him... if the sculpture moves quickly enough, I may sculpt HER, as well. But for now I will focus on him.)
sitrichardelise.jpg

(this is my dream pose, if I can get them both done. What a sexy image!)
SomewhereInTime.jpg

( this isn't relevant to the sculpture, but I always loved the album cover.)
8467828fd7a0f958ff375110.L._AA300_.jpg

So! Thanks for looking, and I am anxious to get some progress pics for you and some feed-back for me! See ya soon. :)

Hi Cadeus

That second pose is similar to Rett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara posing on the
movie poster from Gone with the wind.

Or am I showing my age :$:D

Hi Cadeus

That second pose is similar to Rett Butler and Scarlet O'Hara posing on the
movie poster from Gone with the wind.

Or am I showing my age :$:D

No, it IS similar... Hollywood never strays from a good formula. :) It's funny that you brought them up; my wife's favorite movie is GONE WITH THE WIND... If this sculpture goes well, it may motivate me to make a sculpture of Scarlet and Red for my wife. (And I would TOTALLY put Scarlet in that curtain-dress!:lol)

Loved that movie. Recorded it when it originally aired on HBO around 1981 or 82. Watched the heck out of it. Last time saw it over 5 years ago it just didn't click with me anymore. Good luck with the project.

Interesting tidbit-the dress Jane Seymour is wearing? She borrowed it for her real-life wedding dress!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back