Ironman 3 Heartbreaker Helmet build

stryq

Going by the limited reference for the Heartbreaker helmet I got this far modelling with 3ds Max. This is still WIP WIP WIP Looking at 3d printing this one as well.... If anyone finds any photos of this great looking helmet floating around let me know.

Going by the limited reference for the Heartbreaker helmet I got this far modelling with 3ds Max. This is still WIP WIP WIP Looking at 3d printing this one as well.... If anyone finds any photos of this great looking helmet floating around let me know.
absolutly amazing but im so gutted this wil only be for 3d printing and not pep :( would love to build that

I ' VE A nice photo ;)
img08221e.jpg
here we go ;D

this is sooo awesome, I have a 3d printer that I built for the purpose of making a suit on it, but I lack the ability to model stuff and have been working with pep files that I convert to 3d printable objects. anyway once you have a solid model I can help cut it apart and design it to be printed. what type of printer were you going to use. here is a pic of the side of the helmet from the trailer
im1.jpg

this is sooo awesome, I have a 3d printer that I built for the purpose of making a suit on it, but I lack the ability to model stuff and have been working with pep files that I convert to 3d printable objects. anyway once you have a solid model I can help cut it apart and design it to be printed. what type of printer were you going to use. here is a pic of the side of the helmet from the trailer

Hey thanks... I did freeze the trailer to get a look at this and really need a GOOD shot of the BACK of the helm,,,

Got this pic which absolutely is beautiful... got most of it with this one.

3d printers:
Type A machines does 9x9x9.

Show me some of your printed stuff

here are some pics things I have printed, the halo helmet was from a pep file. I built a rostock style printer that currently can build items at 8x8x21 but I am going to reconfigure it to be slightly bigger (12x12x21) to print an entire helmet at once
3dprint2.jpg

3dprint1.jpg

Those look good... got the machine calibrated quite nicely..

I read the Rostock are a nightmare to get running properly

Re: Ironman 3 Heartbreaker Helmet build WIP

More work... this is a very involved helmet, so many angles and detail.

Getting better

looks great, are you going to make the faceplate open? not sure where you would since the faceplate wraps around to the back

Faceplate does not have the usual seam at temples hey.
If you watch the trailer you can see the Patriot mask lift watch close and freeze it.
Top of the helmet lifts with the mask.

I think I will wait for the movie before I finish this

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back