Snow wolf two tone pulse rifle RE PAINT help!

And I'll toot my own horn with-
http://www.therpf.com/f9/matrix-pulse-rifle-mods-179311/

You will need an Allen wrench, a flat blade and Phillips screwdriver, small and large or at least a medium size Phillips. Grab some sort of container to place all your screws in, there's a lot. Best bet would be some small plastic containers and label them. Keep the different ones separated and label where they go.

Check out those threads and come back if you have more questions on how to proceed.

And I'll toot my own horn with-
http://www.therpf.com/f9/matrix-pulse-rifle-mods-179311/

You will need an Allen wrench, a flat blade and Phillips screwdriver, small and large or at least a medium size Phillips. Grab some sort of container to place all your screws in, there's a lot. Best bet would be some small plastic containers and label them. Keep the different ones separated and label where they go.

Check out those threads and come back if you have more questions on how to proceed.

Thanks for the help :) I will tint the ammo counter and was looking at Nobles thread on the Mag mod which looks awesome.
Should be coming this week so I will up date how I get on.
Thank again:thumbsup

Last edited:
I've just got the exact same PR and am looking into this myself. As far as paint goes, it depends how accurate you want it or what your personal preference is....

I'm sure you're probably already aware, but Humbrol Bess Brown was the original colour. Unfortunately, also something called Humbrol Bess Brown exists today, it's not the same colour as it used to be.

Some people paint the PR Olive Drab, as it appeared that colour on screen due to lighting. If you want to go for accuracy as far as the colour the original prop was, then the closest stock paint appears to be Aervoe Earth Brown - see stock colour comparisons here:

Humbrol Bess Brown and it

Unfortunately, being in the UK, I haven't found any online retailers that stock this type/colour and will actually ship over here.

The other route for Bess Brown would be to get it custom mixed - it looks to be a Pantone code of 405c:

Untitled-1.jpg

That works out to be an RAL equivalent of 7010. I've also seen paint custom mixed to RAL of 7013 which also looks good.

With the RAL number, you will be able to get a paint mixer to make you a batch of custom spray paint. I'm looking into this now. I know Halfords will mix custom paint, but haven't looked into prices yet (starting from £9.99 according to their website) and I'm not sure if it will have a flat enough finish. Not sure about other readily available paint mixers in the UK.

I've just got the exact same PR and am looking into this myself. As far as paint goes, it depends how accurate you want it or what your personal preference is....

I'm sure you're probably already aware, but Humbrol Bess Brown was the original colour. Unfortunately, also something called Humbrol Bess Brown exists today, it's not the same colour as it used to be.

Some people paint the PR Olive Drab, as it appeared that colour on screen due to lighting. If you want to go for accuracy as far as the colour the original prop was, then the closest stock paint appears to be Aervoe Earth Brown - see stock colour comparisons here:

Humbrol Bess Brown and it

Unfortunately, being in the UK, I haven't found any online retailers that stock this type/colour and will actually ship over here.

The other route for Bess Brown would be to get it custom mixed - it looks to be a Pantone code of 405c:

Untitled-1.jpg

That works out to be an RAL equivalent of 7010. I've also seen paint custom mixed to RAL of 7013 which also looks good.

With the RAL number, you will be able to get a paint mixer to make you a batch of custom spray paint. I'm looking into this now. I know Halfords will mix custom paint, but haven't looked into prices yet (starting from £9.99 according to their website) and I'm not sure if it will have a flat enough finish. Not sure about other readily available paint mixers in the UK.

Glad someone is on the same wagon as me! I can't seem to find the Bess brown in spray paint form? Found a Tamiya Nato brown? looks pretty close..

100ml Spray TS-62 NATO Brown | Tamiya | ModelZone HC85062 quite a good match and colour but a little dark? might go with this.

Last edited:
The tamiya spray paint olive drab isnt too far away in terms of colour, plus it has the advantage of spraying to a very high quality finish..

If you check out "the range" store they actually do a decent assortment of spray paints..

I had considered the Tamiya NATO Brown and Aervoe Brown Earth for my PR. But in the end I decided I wanted what it looked like on screen, OD. I just didn't know if I could be happy with a brownish green PR. It all comes down to what you want, what looks good to your eyes.

Another option would be to paint it OD, as the base coat, and then use the NATO Brown over it. That may "tint" it enough to get a closer color.

Hmmm.....

I did the aervoe Earth brown 999, however looking at ,Pantone 405c color, looks really close, nice find....I may need to do more research into that one myself, .......

I had considered the Tamiya NATO Brown and Aervoe Brown Earth for my PR. But in the end I decided I wanted what it looked like on screen, OD. I just didn't know if I could be happy with a brownish green PR. It all comes down to what you want, what looks good to your eyes.

Another option would be to paint it OD, as the base coat, and then use the NATO Brown over it. That may "tint" it enough to get a closer color.

Hmmm.....

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:angry :sick:sick:sick:sick:sick:sick
I know :lol pain in da ass! and i was thinking of the "tint" idea to, what i am going with :)

Last edited:
Of course the easiest answer is to do one of each color! Not the cheapest option, but....

Nice pic of the PR's, makes me want to "weather" mine. Just not sure yet about that.

Here's a tip that has been alluded to when you get your PR and strip it for painting. There are a bunch of little roll pins in the shrouds to help hold it together. It will be a pain to take it apart the first time. Just pry up carefully all the way around. Once you separate the shrouds, use a pair of pliers and remove those roll pins. You don't need them. The amount of screws used in the shrouds hold them together just fine. The old G&P used to creak like crazy, but not the SnowWolf version. It will make it a lot easier to take the gun apart in the future.

Of course the easiest answer is to do one of each color! Not the cheapest option, but....

Nice pic of the PR's, makes me want to "weather" mine. Just not sure yet about that.

Here's a tip that has been alluded to when you get your PR and strip it for painting. There are a bunch of little roll pins in the shrouds to help hold it together. It will be a pain to take it apart the first time. Just pry up carefully all the way around. Once you separate the shrouds, use a pair of pliers and remove those roll pins. You don't need them. The amount of screws used in the shrouds hold them together just fine. The old G&P used to creak like crazy, but not the SnowWolf version. It will make it a lot easier to take the gun apart in the future.
Thanks for the tip :thumbsup
Gonna flip a coin a think, but I am leaning towards the brown side of the spectrum, gonna search some colours and see what I can find as the bess brown but you can't get it in a spray so gonna find one as close as I can to it!

I just finished painting my Snow Wolf/Matrix PR yesterday.

This is Aerove Earth Brown. It has a tint of green in it, but definitely not as much as it used to. Somewhat disappointing but I still like the way it looks.

I went with the weathered look.

P1000796.jpg

I just finished painting my Snow Wolf/Matrix PR yesterday.

This is Aerove Earth Brown. It has a tint of green in it, but definitely not as much as it used to. Somewhat disappointing but I still like the way it looks.

I went with the weathered look.

P1000796.jpg
Looks good, might give mine an under coat of silver then give it a weather, I like the colour! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back