WIP Dredd Boots and helmet

OH, forgot to mention....the $107 price tag included shipping! Several places carrying the boots were offering shipping free for orders over $100. At that price they were practically were giving them away.:eek

I would like to see pics on how you mounted the shin guard to the boot! Awesome work and I also have decided to work on the boots till the parts are available!

Sorry....don't have pics of the boots before mods started but if you web search the model boot I reference above, there are 360 degree views available. I mounted the shin guards by just epoxying them to the leather front, couldn't be simpler. The epoxy has a 24 hour cure time but is thicker than peanut butter, almost like tar. It's a two component system and takes a 1 to 1 ratio that requires lots of elbow grease to mix. The stuff is tacky enough to almost hold the shin guards from the get-go but I advise using duct tape (some say duck) to temporarily fasten them in place. The epoxy I used is called PC 7, available at PC Epoxy by Protective Coating Company. Or at most hardware stores in the USA, including, ACE Hardware. You will not have to worry about them coming off with that stuff because I have used it on my Rocketeer pack and many other places including as a patch on my asphalt driveway. It's waterproof and durable enough to drive a car on it! Best part is that the boot contour does not have to match the guards. Unlike most epoxies, this stuff will fill gaps quite well and the strength is amazing. Just slap blobs of this on the back of the guards and press them against the boot front, then tape until cured. Don't be deceived by my pics, the boot straps have nothing to do with the attachment. Rivets appearing to fasten to the straps are simply glued on the shin guards. Movie magic, ha, ha!:lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back