Pulp Fiction Prop - Need Ideas for Adding Orange Cap to Replica Pistol

Darth_Knight1

I have a Denix replica 1911 pistol that I use for costuming as Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction. Although the replica gun cannot be fired and has a orange-colored stopper in the barrel, I am looking for ideas for adding a removable orange cap of some sort to the barrel end of the gun.

The main goal here is so that--along with being peace bonded--the rather real-looking replica is always easily identifiable as only a prop at conventions. Any ideas for creating/adding a removable orange tip?

Here are a few pics of the gun replica. Note: Thanks to Kurtyboy for making me aware of the Denix as a close replica for the gun Samuel L. Jackson used for the movie, a "Star Model B" pistol with customized pearl grips. I'm open to ideas from my fellow RPFers so please sound off. Thanks!

Replica Gun with Pearl Grips (Customized)
DenixReplica1911-RightFront_zpseacee785.jpg

Barrel Close-Up #1
DenixReplica1911-BarrelCloseUpRight_zpsd5415978.jpg

Barrel Close-Up #2
DenixReplica1911-BarrelCloseUpLeft_zpsc2ac045f.jpg

Jules During Final Diner Scene
PulpFiction-JulesDinerScene_zps4475b8e4.jpg

Last edited:
Is the stopper removable? Perhaps you could pull it out and place something behind it so that when you put the stopper back in it sticks out a bit

Maybe some kind of bright orange tape, though I dont know if it would affect the finish of the pistol.

0007535303359_150X150.jpg

While an excelent idea, I would advise against any type of Duck Tape, the glue on that is really gonna mess up your prop. I have seen Orange 'electrical tape' before that isnt too sticky, but grips well to itself. That stuff shouldnt be a problem on metal.....

I'm sure you are careful, because you are posting this type of question here, but please, if you are anywhere near police or armed guards or anything like that, dont go waving it about.
(even with the orange stuff on the end)

I'm sure you are careful, because you are posting this type of question here, but please, if you are anywhere near police or armed guards or anything like that, dont go waving it about.
(even with the orange stuff on the end)

Couldn't agree more. Even though it's a cool character and one that I usually only dress as for conventions, safety (both mine and others) is my primary concern here.

Paint a small round earth magnet orange, then affix it to the end of the gun. Then it will easily come off when done.

If the plug it has now is plastic, you should be able to drill a hole into it, put a screw into the hole, then put the screw in a vice, and pull on the gun handle to yank the plug out. If it's really tight or glued on, you may have to wiggle it in the vice for a while.
With that done, you can make a cap out of wood or plastic, and paint it orange.

I really liked the idea Feveron had for her TF2 pistol.

Fev Studios - - Engineer's Pistol

It's pretty much Nerf dart shaped plug that goes inside the muzzle. If you're unable to remove the plug from yours, I would suggest glueing a rare earth magnet in it, and then making a small orange cap with a mating magnet. It would be removable and much more visible then the sticker or just a single painted magnet.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back