Judge Anderson

Callista

I got my hands on a Judge Anderson model for fairly cheap and I thought that only her right arm and knee pad were missing, but it turns out so is her belt and shoulder pad (the inserted images bordered in yellow).

I was wondering if anyone here had those pieces that they could cast and sell to me or knew of someone that did.

Would greatly appreciate the help :)

JA001_zpse0da8cf1.jpg

Calli

there is a guy on fleabay who does cheap vinyl recasts of these (i know cos i bought the dredd one) they are somewhat soft on the detail but you never know, it could be useable

That looks like the original Halcyon kit.It has the same grey vinyl as the Dredd and Death kits I have but I think Dredds shoulder pad,belt and knee pads would be bigger.Mind he is pretty skinny in that kit.Mine have taken on that brown tinge in spots on the vinyl.That look like a sexy kit should of grabbed her when I bought the other 2 about 12-15 years ago.My parents bought me back the Elfin kit of the ABC war robot from the U.K. about 20+ years ago.55 quid it cost and like the above poster mentioned they are being re-casted and sold so cheap now on e-bay.The ABC kit needs ankle surgery to get its right foot sitting flat with his left.

That looks like the original version. Pretty nice score and if I remember correctly pretty rare compared to the later revised - kid friendly - version. Good luck on finding replacement pieces.

Oh, just checked the picture posted previously... guess that was just a kit reference of missing parts and not the actual kit you got. D'OH... sometimes I need to think a little before posting. Whoops.

My advice would be to just buy one of the eBay replicas from china. I've bought a. Few and had no problems with shipping or timescales.
Plus that way you get other spares for practice.

I just hate having to get another kit just for those missing parts. I might give my hand with sculpting a try with this. :)

Hi Callista, if you are not comfortable with sculpting (I know it drives me bonkers trying to correct an area and ending up ruining it and doing that over and over until all my hair is on the floor) then it mightbe a good idea to ask one of our talented friends from the sculpting forum. Maybe if you can provide clearer shots from various angles someone might offer to help sculpt them for you. An idea I could offer is to use Milliput and go in stages, letting a layer harden before adding another rather than sculpting it all in one go.

I painted two of these. However, it would be difficult to cast the pieces and probably cost just as much to make the molds as it would be to find another kit on fleaBay. BTW, here's another example of Testors brightly colored Brass going dark and sticky on a vinyl kit. :)

P.S. The Thailand parts will be undersized because they are a vinyl recast of a vinyl kit. And live auction links are a no-no on the RPF unless in the JY.

judgea.jpg

Last edited:
I got my hands on an unopened kit so I now have the missing parts I need and will try my hand at casting the parts I need for the other kit.

JA002_zpsc1bf0314.jpg

JA003_zps6d328c6e.jpg

As you can see in both photos some of the parts have turned colored. Is anyone aware of why this happens? I have noticed it with both editions of Judge Anderson.

Also if there are any tips on casting lil parts like I will need here that would be appreciated :D

They used different colored vinyl.
I already considered that and dismissed it, the different colored parts aren't just a different shade but blotched and stained looking. They almost look like they've been around a smoker for an extended time.

It seems more like a degradation in the plastic but the parts feel fine and nothing comes off of them from handling or washing.

I'm sure it's not a big deal, just wondered if anyone else had come across this before. :)

I once went for an interview in the art department at Cosgrove Hall Productions in Manchester UK and a young guy called Darren was actually sculpting this kit as their workload was light at the time and he was referencing it from a Blondie album cover as the original Judge Anderson was most definitely based on Debbie Harry, we chatted for ages...he was a very helpful guy!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back