42 (Post-release)

The Wook

Master Member
For all I (we) biatch about CGI being the bane of my modern movie-going experiences, I must confess it works great at bringing back to life IN-animate objects, like the Coliseum in Gladiator, and now here, check out Ebbet's Field in all it's glory, from the new film 42. Love the old uni's, too (which of course, are not CGI). And while I'd never have imagined Harrison Ford playing Branch Rickey, he seems to pull it off, at least in these two trailers.

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

The Wook

It looks good although i had to shake my head at the once commercial for it where there was rap music playing. Kinda ruins the entire thing.

I'm looking forward to this one - a lot of it was filmed in my town. (Was pretty cool having two of the best starship pilots ever in town - Han and Wash!) :)

It looks good although i had to shake my head at the once commercial for it where there was rap music playing. Kinda ruins the entire thing.

Agreed, that was absurd. They had better not play that anachronistic crap in the movie itself.

The Wook

Agreed, that was absurd. They had better not play that anachronistic crap in the movie itself.

The Wook

Sadly they might have to in order to get their targeted demographic in there. Sadly most kids these days have no clue who or what the movie is about.

I think that was just for the trailers.

There is a lot of 40's music on the soundtrack album, and the parts of Mark Isham's original film score that I've heard sound really good.

I'm seeing this at an early screening tonight. (I was an extra in this movie.) :cool

Last edited:
Just got back from seeing this one. My boy (9 and 14) went with us. They both play baseball and the older one has read bios of Jackie for the past several years. Good movie, lots of known actors playing bit parts.

Cheers

Sebastian

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back