Jumanji board game replica

Steam Sailor

Well after a few years of following certain threads on this site I thought it best time I join :) during my childhood I idolised the film Jumanji, and always wanted to own my own jumanji game board, I used to make cardboard copies all the time, and after looking at a few boards in the works on these forums I decided now is the time to make one properly, please bear in mind I've never made anything like this before in my life, and Iv certainly never carved anything out of wood, so here goes.

I'm using the dimensions that are available on the Internet, an old piece of wood my grandad had going spare that has been cut to size for the lid, and some old carving tools that have been kindly given to me, and a lot of time and patience lol.

Firstly I layed out the design roughly on the wood

image.jpg

And tonight I've spent starting to very basically care the board, wow this is time consuming lol

image.jpg

Well that's as far as I've got lol, more will come in the coming days and weeks :) any feedback and tips would be great :)

Thanks, got into work this morning and asked a guy I know if he could sharpen my tools for me and he said no wonder its taking me so long they're completely blunt lol, so hopefully now they're sharp it will be a bit easier :)

Thanks guys well last night didn't really go to plan, ended up only spending a short amount of time on the board but hey ho that's life lol, finished carving around the leaves and began the very early stages of shaping them, here's last nights pic.

image.jpg

Well tonight was a disaster in terms of the board, I've got nothing done as Iv had to paint a statue of an Egyptian Pharoah I sculpted for work :/ oh we'll here's a pic of that, it's not finished but at least I've started it lol

image.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back