New to prop building.Help with filler/bondo and glue.Uk based

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys

Ive just bought a Hasbro Han blaster which im going to tart up:) Im new to prop building and altering,and wanted to know about which fillers and glues are best to use with Hasbro guns and various resin kits im aiming to build.Im assuming something like epoxy resin would do as a glue? (Araldite etc) but am not 100% sure.Would be good to know the type of bondo/filler you guys use aswell.I know you cant use DIY filla though:D

Im uk based,but any help would be great from all.Advice from UK peeps on where to find best items,prices would be great.

Thanks

Lee

Araldite for me too. Just leave it to set for long enough! It might be set-ish within 5 minutes, but it takes a few hours to reach full strength.

Body filler you can get from Halfords, Isopon P38 is the one I get, if I'm remembering the name right. Everything else, go with MBFG, like CynderBloc says. Shipping to the mainland is pretty reasonable. Just today I ordered 10kg of resin, 5kg of silicone, and 5kg of fillite filler, and shipping was £17.

Here's an example of the EVO stick, about 3 square inches of plastic stuck to tile is holding up my kitchen blinds :). They're pretty heavy but after an hour they could be hung on the brackets.

View attachment 150961

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back