Escape From New York Remake

I'm cautiously pessimistic. Snake, like Boba, didn't need to have his backstory spelled out.

I whole heartedly agree. I think Patton Oswalt's assessment of the backstory phenomenon sums it up pretty well.

I don't give a s41t where the stuff I love comes from! I JUST LOVE THE STUFF I LOVE! Hey, do you like Angelina Jolie? Does she give you a big *****? Well, here's Jon Voight's ********!

I see anything with Joel Silver attached i avoid like the plague anymore. He's lost his touch as a producer and nobody can be Snake these days.

Snake loses his eye when he's playing with a Daisy Red Rider BB gun and becomes extremely despondent. He becomes a loner and eventually resorts to crime to make him feel better.

I whole heartedly agree. I think Patton Oswalt's assessment of the backstory phenomenon sums it up pretty well.

Quoting that is freaking exactly how I feel. Thanks for the laugh too. :lol That whole George Lucas bit is awesome. They did the same thing to Wolverine. Now in the comics he has SO much back story its ridiculous. Takes away from the character when you know TOO damn much.

Who do you think will/should be cast as snake?

Is it even possible to find someone as cool as Kurt Russell?

That kind of old school masculine swagger just isn't found in modern actors.

They did the same thing to Wolverine. Now in the comics he has SO much back story its ridiculous. Takes away from the character when you know TOO damn much.

Did his dad die, and did he get sad?

Who do you think will/should be cast as snake?

Is it even possible to find someone as cool as Kurt Russell?

That kind of old school masculine swagger just isn't found in modern actors.

That's my worry with this. I really don't want to see Channing Tatum or Taylor Kitsch (insert other interchangeable hollywood drone at will) don the eyepatch.

I could get away with a rough an scruffy Brad Pitt, just.

On a side note, an old friend of mine has had an awesome Snake Pliskin jacket locked away in his wardrobe for years. His wife won't let him wear it because its too 80's, I've been at him forever to sell it to me, but he can't part with it yet.

To 80's? :rolleyes

That jacket is probably a vintage 30"s or 40's Jacket.

If your friends is the same It could go for BIG bucks.

That ought to let him near it! :lol

That's my worry with this. I really don't want to see Channing Tatum or Taylor Kitsch (insert other interchangeable hollywood drone at will) don the eyepatch.

On a side note, an old friend of mine has had an awesome Snake Pliskin jacket locked away in his wardrobe for years. His wife won't let him wear it because its too 80's, I've been at him forever to sell it to me, but he can't part with it yet.

To 80's? :rolleyes

That jacket is probably a vintage 30"s or 40's Jacket.

If your friends is the same It could go for BIG bucks.

That ought to let him near it! :lol

Its more, very Snake inspired, than an original. He's well versed in movie memorabelia and collectibles and if it was worth much it would've long been up on ebay. Sentiment right out the window.

Looking at some pics of Snake again, its been a while since I watched it, its not very 80's at all, she probably just associates it with the movie and therefore the decade.

Now, you've got me wanting a Plisskin jacket again!:lol

I'm totally against this movie but I could almost see Chris Hemsworth in the role.

THE YEAR IS 2088

"You'll land on the World Trade Center, Snake"
"You mean the Freedom Tower"
"No. It's still not finished"

Only Kurt can play Snake - There are no cool actors anymore - not that they would cast as the lead in what I assume will be a 150mil dollar film.

I thought this project had been going on for years now and finally died. This movie should never ever be remade or rebooted.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back