Escape From New York Remake

If they are going to remake this, at least cast Nicholas Cage as Snake, just so there won't be any redeeming qualities about it.

hang on, this was touted over 3 years ago, it's hardly news.

the one possible redeeming factor was i last heard Tim Olyphant touted as Snake, beyond that i see no possible need for a reimagibootmake.

but then i said that about The Thing too, and really liked it, so there.

edit : "Hey kids, ever wondered what Snake Plissken's origin was? Of course you didn't, you're not a stupid *******."

no, i just read the novel. all you need to know.

Sadly it's teenagers and 20 somethings that are funding these remakes by going to them instead of enjoying the originals. Which is the fault of their parents for not showing them these movies and teaching them that just because it's older than you doesn't mean it isn't good.

the one possible redeeming factor was i last heard Tim Olyphant touted as Snake,

As good of a guy as he is, he isnt Snake and nobody can or will be the Snake we know. Kurt Russel couldnt even do Snake in EFLA. That just ended up as a bad parody of EFNY. With the right story and actor in place, the only way to over come this is a re-imagining focusing on a back story.

What im afraid of is this new re-imagined backstory will have Snake not a war hero but a war anti hero going awol being burnt out by the atrocities committed by his fellow soldiers in the Middle East or North Korea. He will then become a soldier of fortune A-Team style then hunted and captured for those actions by the US Govt, then EFNY, being the third film in a new trilogy, would take place. He will not be a criminal but an actual good guy which is what Snake was not. He was a bad guy that made choices moment by moment, good or bad, to further the air in his own lungs. He did have a loyalty but that could end at any moment.

EFNY was an anti movie at the right time in a different world. These days with the big studios backing there needs to be a clear as day hero and vice versa the bad guy. For an idea of how PC its become these days look at what happened to the Red Dawn remake. Its sad really that EFNY would never be made in present day. Any "remake" will be that only by name.

There's already some established backstory if they keep EFNY as canon. The film would probably be about Snake's mission in Russia during WWIII, as I recall, which is where he parted company with the U.S. military.

Of course, they could just toss everything but the most basic trappings of the original out the window, and basically take some mediocre military revenge movie script that was collecting dust, slap the IP overtop of it, and kick it out the door...

Who do you think will/should be cast as snake?

Is it even possible to find someone as cool as Kurt Russell?

That kind of old school masculine swagger just isn't found in modern actors.

duh, Shia LeBouf

I'M JOKING!!

*DUCKS* hey that was big! Stop throwing things at me!!

if the remake was done right...just take a peak at the batman movies. the remakes was better then the originals by a ton.

I know I am in the minority here but I thought That Batman and Batman Returns (Keaton) were 100 times better than the Nolan versions with Bale (NOT a favorite actor of mine to begin with)

if the remake was done right...just take a peak at the batman movies. the remakes was better then the originals by a ton.

Nolan's films were a completely different take on the Batman universe. That certainly doesn't make them any "better".

Don't forget the 87-shot revolver. :lol

The chamber on that gun was in the shape of an infinity symbol! That explains everything!

Hang on a second. I think we can ALL agree that Nolan's films were definitively "better" than Joel Schumacher's Batman films.

Hang on a second. I think we can ALL agree that Nolan's films were definitively "better" than Joel Schumacher's Batman films.

Hahahah, ok, that's a given. I typically pretend those movies never existed.

I was referring to Burton's, of course! :lol

I know I am in the minority here but I thought That Batman and Batman Returns (Keaton) were 100 times better than the Nolan versions with Bale (NOT a favorite actor of mine to begin with)

I'm with you. The Keaton Batman movies are way more fun -

I agree the Keaton Films were better. I don't like Nolan's movies and I really don't like Bale in all but American Psycho.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back