Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [Completed!]

Re: Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [WIP]

Work has begun on my bolt pistol. The thighs are painted and weathered and the shoulders have had their blue base and highlight coats applied. It's going to be a long weekend of painting again, but I hope to be very close to finished with painting by Monday.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

nice work..

Wich files are the bolter from??? I like it.....

please, tell us something about your painting methods...

I didnt post yesterday So I have a good amount of progress to share tonight. FIrst up is my Bolt pistol. The major foam construction has been done and the wooden handle was made tonight. It's massive. I have some detail pieces left to add, but we are looking good so far. I will likely keep the body removeable and use it to store my things. The mag is also removeable, could fit a cell phone rather well :)

I also finished the shoulders. The red was all done yesterday. I waited for everything to dry overnight and taped off/painted all the silver this afternoon. I love them.

Wall of pics below.
IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1461.JPG

IMG_1462.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1464.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1452.JPG

IMG_1451.JPG

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_1449.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

I think I know where I will be keeping my armor now.
IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Awesome work man. That's a great idea about using the bolter to store your stuff while wearing it. I will probably "borrow" that idea for my build.

Tactical marine Weber was never the same after the accident............................

Techmarines and their 'ideas'............................

:lol

Update time and it's a big one.. Here is the breakdown. The chest is complete, the fingers are fully painted and drying, and the backpack is waiting to have its silver bits painted and weathered.

The bolt pistol is still under construction, but only to have detail added. Small bits and pieces need to be done as well. Thngs like some stitching on the shoes and the powerfist tube still needs detail rings.

Enjoy the wall of pictures.

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1481.JPG

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

Dude, this is honestly one of the greatest builds I've seen so far! Amazing attention to detail and lovely color work! Bravo!

Now I'm imagining you at a con answering your mag. Good idea though. This is definitely one of the most incredible builds I've seen. Of course that fist really takes it over the top.

This build is massively brilliant. Don't have much more to say than that since i've been struck silent by what I've just seen.

That weathering is just OVER THE TOP. The damage really looks like this armor has been to hell and back.

One question for you, how does the caulk sealer look after it's painted? I noticed a little extra light reflection in some of the pics.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back