Colonel Stars and Stripes

Great News! Link to the store?

If I find my boots..."Where are me boots"... isn't that an Irish drinking song? They are Corcoran's so I hope that is what was in the movie.

The rank don't have any, since I am neither a Colonel or General, was going to be sta brite from iragreen. All those are really going to increase the cost.

Very interested in the similar K-98 pouches. Lets light that price rocket.

If you can contact the props department, could you find out what is written on the stick?
I was thinking "In God We Trust" and "United We Stand" but those don't work to match the number and position of the blurred text.

Can't wait to get started but probably won't do anything other than plan until next month.

So I guess 'Old Hickory' is 25" long based on the belt buckle and how it lays across his front.

AmericanAxeHandle2_zpsae8b6b14.jpg

That means the base is 1 3/4" wide with the head 2 3/4" wide. The stripes on the handle are 1 5/8" wide. The blue field works out to 7 1/4" on the long side and 6 1/4" on the short side.

Since there isn't a flared bottom on the handle, will assume this was cut from a longer piece.

Started on 'Old Hickory'. Went to Ace Hardware and bought a 36" hickory railroad pick handle made by Seymour Mfg. Co. Inc., "LK-220-08"
The top of a double bladed ax replacement handle looked close but the top was already split for inserting a wedge.

OldHickory1_zps3abb7cff.jpg

I cut the handle, just inside the blue tape to just under 26" long to get the right shape.

OldHickory2_zps98711db8.jpg

Going to paint the red and white handle and then wrap it with hockey tape. I'll use red vinyl tape in place of cloth if I can find some. It will be easy to rip the tape off if it is not movie accurate.

The head is going to be painted white, will use these star masks and then paint the blue.

Stars_zps3f8eedc4.jpg

PouchDetail_zpseaa9327c.jpg

More detail on the leg pouch.
He has a nasal decongestant, asthma inhaler, and looks like an OD green match case on the front.

Also, from the dots under the inhaler, guess the pouch is multicam not coyote brown.

The silver chain is the dog leash.

OldHickory3_zps60ea72d1.jpg

Bit of a set back, had to go back and remove all the white paint.
Just finished painting the handle and since in stuck, masked the head.

Thanks Sporkey! The weather is really holding up Old Hickory The Justice Stick.

OldHickory4_zps57e384e4.jpg

There was some bleeding under the mask but it looks good enough.

Have been really looking at the photos from Newscom with good results.

COLStarsandStripes34_zpsa056a698.jpg

The boots are brown, matching the pouches and belt. :thumbsup
The laces are only partially tied with the ends free. :thumbsdown

Just glad since the brown boots are already out.

Minus the text and clear coat one side is done.

OldHickory7_zps27161622.jpg

I am going to hold off on the text, with the hope that a clear picture will surface.
Plus, the pins are on order.

More images from the new trailer!

COLStarsandStripes37_zpsdf03d223.jpg

Now have a good look at the pattern for the hood. It is three panels like an ECWS hood but lays wide more like a jedi hood not the cobra shape of the Gore-tex jacket.

COLStarsandStripes38_zps6b6417e6.jpg

Also, confirmed my suspicion that an eagle was on the bottom of Old Hickory. Now the question is which way is it looking and how is it oriented relative to the star field?

Being gone of a week was good because everything piled up for a quick jump to this point.

COL2_zps6ca65948.jpg

I don't have the G-3 multicam pants yet that is why I'm wearing the old tri-color. Also there is no sewing yet. A bolt of multicam was delivered but I haven't found the right OD green nylon for inside the hood.

OH and REALLY have to thank Jim Carrey for giving more ammunition to... not like I get enough flack for American themed heroes or use of military uniforms in costuming but I now get grief as if I were the one battling with Fox News. Thanks Dude!

Thanks Bobby, I'm all about flying.

I think that is why the Colonel's costume is so cool, if you know what to buy there is so little sewing.

COL3_zps31266d81.jpg

Made the mask today and sewed the flags on. Hope that my guess about the shoulder boards is wrong and the costume department just pined the stars on.

Guess I will make the boards when I sew the hood and then put them on if I need to.

The only things I am waiting on are the small stars for the top of the handle and the G-3 pants...have yet to buy the mag pouch and the inhaler.
And, If I can't find nylon that I like... I have an old wet weather bag that I could cut up to line the hood.

Fantastic job Fly! I think you picked a perfect character for your style and personality, really nice. Can't wait to see it all together.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, anyone else totally oblivious to the fact that it was Jim Carrey at first?

Thanks for the support guys and knew it was Jim Carrey the instant the camera zoomed in on his face as he exited the van.
In less than a second of seeing him in the trailer, knew I had to do it.
Don't know if it is true but on another site this character has been described as "the Riddler after his third tour in Afghanistan."
The other half may say "NO" but this will be the first time that I wear a costume to the movies.
My hopes are Kick-***** 2 will be that big. Just pray that the Colonel doesn't end up like Big Daddy.

Now for today's work.

Hood1_zps8cddb081.jpg

One bag waterproof clothing was sacrificed today.

Could spend $230 on a multicam goretex and cut off the hood or get a bolt of mil-spec fabric and make your own copy.

Hood2_zps8e5a11af.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back