Colonel Stars and Stripes

Fly4v

Sr Member
Don't think the Colonel has a thread yet.

First thing is his belt. It looks like a 1851 US pattern buckle on a reproduction brown sword belt with German leather ammo pouches.

Amazon.com: German WWII K98k Brown Leather Triple Ammunition Pouch: Everything Else

COLStarsandStripes2_zps4609b114.jpg

The leg pouch on the left side looks like a Blackhawk Industries 3 mag drop with a smoke grenade holder on the front...?
COLStarsandStripes13_zps97b85fd0.jpg

COLStarsandStripes11_zpsb98893ab.jpg

I have no idea what brand of black gloves but they have a mini American flag on the knuckles and General's stars.

Last edited:
The uniform looks easy.
Multicam G-3 pants and a Multicam BDU top with right and left flags.
Full bird Colonel rank on each collar.
The hood is a modification to the BDU top and is a different fabric than the pants and top. Perhaps nylon or gore-tex but not the cobra pattern of the issue jacket. More like a jedi hood.

colonel_stars_and_stripes_zpse6cfd7cb.png

COLStarsandStripes8_zps65936318.jpg

USMC OD turtle neck and a formed fabric mask of similar fabric with a velcro fastener on the back.

COLStarsandStripes9_zpsabc42210.jpg

Last edited:
In the first photo, the boots look like black jump boots.

But then I look at this and they appear dark brown.

COLStarsandStripes10_zps2bdcffd2.jpg

Last edited:
The American Ax Handle? has two small stars and one large.

COLStarsandStripes6_zps39545d36.jpg

Two mini General's rank and one regular size?

COLStarsandStripes4_zpsf7117779.jpg

And I have no idea what is written on the scroll.

Rather uninspiring start but after some digging in the foot locker.

Junk_zps4ae939cf.jpg

I have short and long sleeve crew neck shirts in OD, a locally made drop and a right shoulder flag.

Sadly, No turtle neck, the drop is not coyote brown or double mount with quick releases, have a stack of right flags but not a single left and have no idea where the black leather boots are.... Haven't worn black leather boots in so long.

Sean, hope you do better than I have on locating the leg drop pouch.

My initial thought of Blackhawk was wrong. Their website for drops is now empty. So much for my favorite source of tactical gear. Sad thing is a few years ago had something close but now BH just wants to sell their modular STRIKE system.

With the quick releases, second thought was Condor but no.
And neither is it FLYYE nor Vangard.

3 mags, it may be MP5 and not M9 but there is still the smoke/flash bang. Two pouches on one leg strap, it would explain the double mount to the belt.

Perhaps, it is custom made?:thumbsdown

Just got a new photo.

ColonelStarsandStripes14_zpsbb4778f2.jpg

It is some kind of a MOLLE platform with the mag pouches.

ColonelStarsandStripes15_zps0bbdf1d9.jpg

What I thought was a training smoker or flash bang is an blue plastic inhaler held on with a single strap.
So, it looks like a three mag MOLLE pouch on a platform leg drop.

We have both sides of the American Ax Handle.

AmericanAxHandle_zps3a49f93f.jpg

Each side has a scroll with a different phrase. So what are they?
Can the comics give a clue since the movie character is a combination of two from the book?

Is the bottom of the handle painted or is it white hockey tape with red vinyl tape? Guessing high gloss clear coated paint or vinyl based on the reflection.

At $48.99 is there a cheaper copy of G-3 Pants?
Emerson G3 Tactical Pants (A-Tacs FG) with Detachable Knee Pads

$44.99 knock off Multicam BDU top.
Propper Poly / Cotton Twill BDU Coats @ BDU.COM

The Emerson G3 are indeed the right style, just be sure to find them in multicam and not A-TACS.

You labeled the BDU top as "knock off". That BDU coat is made by Propper, which is, for the most part, the supplier of uniforms to the US military. The BDU style isn't used in any form anymore, though. Anyway, just wanted to say you can't go wrong with Propper.

Fiscal, good job on the pouch but the buckles on the platform are Black, not Coyote Brown, and single point mounting not double.

Great Save! Thanks for catching the A-tacs slip up. Here is the correct pattern.

http://armypanda.com/products/EMERSON-G3-Combat-Pants-(Multicam)-with-Detachable-Knee-Pads-.html

The only reason Propper got the knock-off label, BDU's were last as Tri-color Desert and Woodland. ACU pattern of uniform introduced digital and multicam.

Looking at the photos again. Seems that multicam shoulder boards were added with at least two stars each.
With three stars on the ax handle and three on each glove, perhaps a safe bet for three on each shoulder.

Also, looks like a Colonel rank pin is on the bottom of the ax handle.

COLStarsandStripes16_zpsc05618ef.jpg

The only reason Propper got the knock-off label, BDU's were last as Tri-color Desert and Woodland. ACU pattern of uniform introduced digital and multicam.

BDU refers to the style and material. Jim Carrey is wearing a BDU top with the Multicam print, which yes, you are correct, they were never created to be worn in any official capacity. Multicams are only worn by the US military in the ACU style with Velcro on the arms for patches and on the front for name tapes, rank, and branch of service, and various other configurations such as the combat shirt. BDUs have the slick sleeves and the front horizontal double button pockets.

I see what you mean though, BDUs were traditionally woodland and desert. Just be sure not to order ACU Multicams for this outfit, it will be the wrong style. Seen below:
aUW9iOu.jpg

Also, good call with the drop leg. I didn't catch the double straps :)

Last edited:
Source of nylon material for the hood.

Gamma | MultiCam Fabric

Yeah, ACU totally wrong with all the velcro, no waist pockets, shoulder pockets, slant chest pockets and the wrong collar.

Not too happy about discovering shoulder rank tabs. The only place I have seen BDU's with shoulder rank are uniforms specially modified for the School of the Americas.
So near the collar will there be a button attachment like on a field jacket, or will it be permanently stitched.

True Story that may help you out

The costume department actually bought some of the kit from the company I work for.

They got the boots, colonel rank insignia and the K-98 pouches from us!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back