Interest Thread: MI Prop Party

Alright....new news from the home front.

Due to an unforseen set of straightened circumstances, it looks like I'll be living back down in Lansing for the next six months. The bad part is, of course, I have to damn move AGAIN. The good news? Hopes for the MI prop party might just be rekindled, after all.

So, let me hear it.....how many would be interested in having the MI prop party in Lansing this year? For those that don't know, Lansing is the state capitol, located in southern MI. Much easier drive for the southerners, for sure.
http://img.superpages.com/vzlocal/city-ima...sing-MI-map.gif

I'd be happy to arrange for a location for the party itself....I'm actually located in East Lansing, which is the home of Michigan State University, so there's PLENTY to do in the area, and room rates are fairly reasonable.

Please, your thoughts......

lansing sounds great, I can see the capitol from the end of my street. Hey depending on how many people will attend, try looking at holding it at the gone wired cafe on michigan avenue, it is big and has parking. keep me in the loop as to when and where the prop party will be.

I know there are more folks that'd be into a southern MI party.....c'mon, I need some input here. :)

Dates in particular...want to make sure it's not conflictual.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(juno @ Jan 15 2007, 02:24 AM) [snapback]1397414[/snapback]</div>
I'm completely in -- if only to gaze upon Krum's wand again :D
[/b]
lol

Perhaps there'll be another piece of Potterdom on-site for your perusal... B)

I was actually thinking sometime in April....anyone have any thoughts? Does that conflict w/ any other prop-related events?

I'm saying sometime in April. That's my vote.

C'mon folks...I know there are more of you interested in this this; I need some opinions here.

Just throwing in a question here, this isn't stepping on the toes of those who threw fabulous parties in the past few years, is it?

I mean the ones in Sterling Heights, thrown by CutestPropGirl and the others (Of course I only remember the girl, typical. ;)

Or did they decide to pass on one this year? I might've missed that.

-- Tim

Last year's SH party was thrown by our own Outlander (Jeff), who has given me the go-ahead for this year. It's somewhat taxing to throw one of these things, so I think it's a good idea to rotate the location/host from year to year.

A good question nonetheless....perhaps if more people spoke up, this wouldn't be an issue..... :rolleyes

Sorry but Lansing is just too far from Toronto. In the past the location was give or take half hour from the US/Canada boarder but Lansing is nearly 200 KM farther away then the last locations. Just to far for us to travel. Too bad because I enjoyed the MI prop parties.

David

I mean the ones in Sterling Heights, thrown by CutestPropGirl and the others (Of course I only remember the girl, typical.

Well, if I had a choice between remembering CutestSandGirl and the host's fat ass, I'd remember the girl too....

However, this is an excellent example of why the host has no interest in expending time, energy or money on behalf of the MI prop crowd this year. It's one thing when nobody - except two of the ladies - sticks around to fold up the tables afterward. It's one thing when people try to skate out without making the agreed upon $5.00 contribution to help defray the $700.00 hall rental. It's one thing when some pudgy malcontent is bitching because at the second party we let people run out for lunch rather than cater in pizza for him.

But when people can't even bother to stop by to meet or even say a word to those who've hosted the party for the past two years one's generosity towards RPFers tends to evaporate.

I urge those who attend this party, should it occur, to greet, meet and thank Greg for his time and effort in making this thing happen. Despite his Texas Chainsaw Serial Killer appearance and demeanor, he is really quite friendly and worth getting to know.

Greg, you know Jon and I will be there. Maybe I can get Mike to come out again as well. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help.

Let me know if you'd like any help with the arrangements.

JAS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outlander @ Jan 15 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1397749[/snapback]</div>
Despite his Texas Chainsaw Serial Killer appearance and demeanor, he is really quite friendly and worth getting to know.
[/b]
Great....now everyone's gonna be nervous. :lol

My first MI prop party experience was the party thrown by Jeff last year, and in my humble opinion, it's set the bar quite high for subsequent events. I'd like to get as good a mix of personalities as previous parties, representing groups not just from the immediate area, but from "afar" as well (Mike, you know who you are). If the drive is too much, fine, but for folks willing to come by, I have no doubt we'll have a great time.

As it stands, I'm looking at the middle of April for the get-together....anyone have any thoughts on that?

I'd also like to begin the process of securing a location sooner rather than later, so please: if you're planning to make it to the party this year or hoping to make it, please post here and let me know. I'd like to get a rough idea (emphasis on ROUGH) of body count so I can plan accordingly.

If it were in Lansing Mich. we would be able to come as we are about 1hr. away on the highway.

chatboardheader.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gjustis @ Jan 15 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]1397757[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outlander @ Jan 15 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1397749[/snapback]
Despite his Texas Chainsaw Serial Killer appearance and demeanor, he is really quite friendly and worth getting to know.
[/b]
Great....now everyone's gonna be nervous. :lol [/b][/quote]

Well, he's go the demeanor, and I've got the chainsaws. ;)

Late April/May-ish sounds good. Maybe find a place that can hold us all, and see when THEY have free?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back