Medieval, Steampunk, Post-Apocalypse with a little Spider-Man for added flavour!

Nikonthenet

Hi Folks,

Had some photos done recently and I wanted to showcase some of my creations...Obviously Spider Man is Spider Man! but the rest are designed and inspired by myself. Didn't really seem worthy of a separate topic for each. Some parts of each were either sourced, made for me or made by me.

I'm about to embark on a huge scratch built project, so I've been wrapping up all the loose ends and finishing things off to give it my sole attention.

Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! And if you want to see more pictures and how some of them were made, theres more pictures on my page: Spider-Trooper

Man-at-Arms:
Untitled-2.jpg

Steampunk:
481299_567901579900896_769397892_n.jpg

Post-Apoc:
574467_558743344150053_1560492445_n.jpg

Spider-Man(Photothanks to Andrei Guiamoy Photography):
CRL6.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!

I didn't expect these costumes to gain much interest, its always nice to showcase them though and I appreciate the positive feedback! I hope my scratch build will, it'll probably take a while though before I have anything to show.

Great costumes! Lots of cool details.

How much of these did you make yourself?

Or ... where did you get the parts you bought?

(I'm curious because I mostly build my own stuff, and making the stuff you're showing could take a crazy long time. On the other hand, buying it all could be crazy expensive.)

Thanks for the interest!

Sorry for the late reply, its been a hectic week.

@SmilingOtter
Thanks! the man-at-arms is particularly fun to wear. This costume I sourced the parts for. I used to make the foam weapons and such, but these days I don't have the time! The Brigandine is a nice heavy weight leather with studs. The studs have corroded a bit, along with sections of the metal plate, but i think it adds to the look! Much of this was had from theVikingstore.co.uk, with bits from ebay, Wyvern.de and a custom weapon from Forgotten Dreams.

@Urban Mystic
The Post-Apoc was a lot of fun to build! I made the jacket myself from bits found on ebay! All the signs, some are old power and some vintage russian stamped number plates(shoulders), others are new and weathered with hammer, blow torch and dremmel. I attached them using random rivets, poppers and leather cord so it looks hodge-podge and apocalyptic! The helmet is an Anakin Pod Racer to which I attached the respirator which is common; I just added foam sections, gask mask parts and paint! All parts for this were sourced from Ebay!
-Theres a lot of detail photos of this costume on my page, Making of Post-Apoc album, link in my sig :)

The Steampunk is similar to the above with parts sourced mainly from Ebay and Etsy. The outrageous jacket was from a charity shop in my local high street! I don't have much detail for the build, as the parts I made myself on this character are not pictured. The character has an excellent Alchemy lab, full of tools and trinkets, jars of strange ingredients and such. I do plan to get some photos of this soon. I'll upload when I do as its an excellent set piece.

@Robinhood jw
There mainly a mix of 'kit' build, parts sourced and then modified. I'll try and upload some details of the parts I've made myself when I have some holidays in a couple of weeks, when I'll also be starting my next scratch built project, which itself is a test-piece before embarking on a much larger project! I've posted details of where most of the parts came from, if you want to know about anything specific, feel free to message me!

Thanks once again! :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back